Have you ever began working in a position and found yourself asking the question, what did I get myself into; not because of the position’s qualifications but because of the team member’s actions. Sometimes there are person’s actions that do raise eyebrows as they should not take place within the office. Unfortunately all organizations go through this type of factor and this is something everyone needs to be aware of just so they know what to watch out for and persons to avoid. Courtesy of Baseline, here is a short list of 10 personality types that might cause a change to your career goals:
1. Conspiracy Type – a workplace personality who can discuss everything about what is going on outside the work place other than work and tends to show their skeptic side frequently.
2. Loud like a Foghorn – a workplace personality that even though you cannot see them you can hear them from a far off distance before they even appear.
3. Similar to a Volcano – the personality of one that does not say a word until anger gets so heated then their personality becomes volatile like an explosion.
4. The excuse maker – the workplace personality of one that will find the most creative excuse throughout the work day and project deadline. If something has kept them from doing work they would know how to make it happen.
5. A fun co-worker – a workplace personality that instead of creating motivation between team workers with exercises it actually causes frustration.
6. A blanket talker – a personality worker who speaks to everyone joining the team and constantly giving information without giving them enough time to breathe let alone enough time to get accustom to the new work environment.
7. The Office Cook – the personality who believes the lunch room microwave can make a dining experience instead of heating a mug of water for tea.
8. Love seeker – the workplace personality of one who instantly becomes focused on other co-workers not spoken for then asks for advice on how to create that first meeting.
9. Fashion drive – the type personality shows through as they appear to wear the fashion style clothing that may be better for a night club or they have over done it when spraying perfume scent as the scent can be smelled three cubicles down.
10. Unorganized – this workplace personality would appear in how a person’s desk area is being kept as it has many papers and folders not kept well; there are other items spread throughout the desk area that should not be there and instead they should be in the trash can.