Week 4 of the 2014 NFL schedule gets underway tonight when the New York Giants take on the Washington Redskins on Thursday Night Football. It seems hard to believe but this weekend marks the end of the first quarter of the 2014 NFL schedule. Where does the time go?
According to a Washington Post report on Sept 25, this may only be the fourth game of the season for these two clubs, but already it is a key one. With both teams struggling at 1-2 and tied for last place in the NFC East, the loser of tonight’s match-up will have put themselves behind the 8-ball already.
With the injury to Redskins QB Robert Griffin III, Kirk Cousins has stepped up and done a nice job in relief. Cousins has started two games for the Skins and in both he has come out on fire. The problem is the second half has been a different story. The former Michigan State star completed his first 12 passes against Jacksonville, and his first eight against Philadelphia and also threw two first-half touchdown passes. However he is clicking at under 40% completion wise in the second half. If KC can put together a complete game, the Redskins should fare well tonight.
Last week the NFL picks improved, so it is time to keep the upward swing going! The picks finished 4-1, but the Panthers and Jets both ended up on the short end of the stick putting the final tally at 4-3. Nevertheless, the picks finished over .500 for the first time this year.
Here is a look at this week’s schedule, odds, TV start times and picks
Thursday, Sept. 25
- 8:25 ET Washington (-3.5) NY Giants — Over/Under 45
Sunday, Sept. 28
- 1:00 ET Miami (-4) Oakland — Over/Under 41
- 1:00 ET Green Bay (-1.5) Chicago — Over/Under 49.5
- 1:00 ET Houston (-3) Buffalo — Over/Under 41
- 1:00 ET Indianapolis (-7.5) Tennessee — Over/Under 46
- 1:00 ET Baltimore (-2) Carolina — Over/Under 40.5
- 1:00 ET Detroit (-1.5) NY Jets — Over/Under 45
- 1:00 ET Pittsburgh (-7) Tampa Bay — Over/Under 44.5
- 4:05 ET San Diego (-13) Jacksonville — Over/Under 44.5
- 4:25 ET San Francisco (-5) Philadelphia — Over/Under 50.5
- 4:25 ET Atlanta (-3) Minnesota — Over/Under 47
- 8:30 ET New Orleans (-3) Dallas — Over/Under 53
Monday Night Football
- 8:30 ET New England (-3) Kansas City — Over/Under 45
Picks: Houston -3, Baltimore -2, Pittsburgh -7, Indy -7.5, Green Bay -1
- Last Week: 4-3
- Year total: 9-11