Lots of great stuff to do in and around St. Louis this weekend, including three fun, family-friendly festivals and the Labor Day parade on Monday!
97th Annual Greek Festival at St. Nicholas Greek Orthodox Church in St. Louis Central West End
Friday-Monday (11am-9pm Saturday and Sunday, 11am-8pm Monday)
- Voted the best local festival by St. Louis Magazine, the Greek Festival features live entertainment with music by Christos Sarantakis and folk dancing by the St. Nicholas Greek Dancers.
- Experience a taste of Greece, live music, church tours, Greek folk dancing and browse the gift shop with imported items from Athens.
- At St. Nicholas Greek Orthodox Church in St. Louis’ Central West End at the the corner of Forest Park and Kingshighway.
- Start the holiday weekend at our new Kick-Off Event on Friday, August 29th starting at 5:00 p.m. on the East Lot.
- For more info, visit www.sngoc.org.
St. Louis Missouri Botanical Garden Japanese Festival
Saturday-Monday 8/30-9/1 (10am-8pm Saturday and Sunday, 10am-5pm Monday)
Tickets: $15 Admission (ages 13 & older), $5 Children (ages 3–12), $5 Garden members (free for member children 3–12)
- Celebrating the history, culture, and people of Japan, the Japanese Festival at the Missouri Botanical Garden is one of the largest and oldest festivals of its kind in the United States. Since 1977, the Missouri Botanical Garden has produced the annual Japanese Festival in conjunction with the Japanese Activities Committee, a coalition of several Japanese-American organizations that provide art, dance, food and entertainment for thousands of visitors each year.
- This event includes: tours of the Japanese garden, special art exhibitions, traditional processions, tea ceremonies, kimono demonstrations, traditional music and dancing, Japanese marketplace, arts and crafts, martial arts, karaoke, Japanese theatrical performances, cooking demonstrations, food booths and many more fun family activities.
- For more info, visit www.missouribotanicalgarden.org
Big Muddy Blues Festival
Saturday-Sunday (August 30-31)
At Laclede’s Landing
- The Big Muddy Blues Festival is St. Louis’ largest blues festival, with 24 renowned acts from across the nation and around St. Louis filling three stages on historic Laclede’s Landing, August 30 and 31, 2014. This year, Big Muddy has more national, regional and local artists; and the festival offers a wider variety of artists than recent years.
- Festival goers will experience a full range of Blues styles, from Louisiana, Chicago, St. Louis and more throughout the newly rebuilt cobblestone streets of the Landing.
- Now in its 19th year, the Big Muddy Blues Festival brings more well-known regional and national acts to St. Louis, and will be our best ever. National and regional acts in 2014 will include:
- The Second and Third stages are both free. Main Stage tickets will be $13 General Admission on or after the 29th of August. (Chairs welcome, sorry no umbrellas or tents), $50 for a single day VIP (Seat in the VIP area right in front of the stage, premium open bar, festival t-shirt), and $90 for two-day VIP per person. Parking ranges from $10 to $20 in public garages throughout the Landing.
- For more info, visit www.bigmuddybluesfestival.com
You can also check out the Labor Day parade downtown on Monday at 9am. It starts at Olive and 15th Street and will head east on Olive at 15th Street to Tucker, south on Tucker to Market and west on Market to 15th Street.