Here are 35 ways to transform your body the best:
1. Do at least 30 minutes of cardiovascular/aerobic exercise 5 days a week. This equates to 2 and a half hours a week.
2. Build lean toned muscle on the body by using weight training at least 2 days a week in addition to cardiovascular training. Hit each muscle group thoroughly to increase strength, function, and endurance.
3. Eat a healthy balanced diet. Do not starve yourself, miss meals, or deprive yourself of nutrients. Balance your meals with good carbohydrates, good fats, and lean protein.
4. Drink a gallon of water each day throughout the entire day to balance pH levels and fight off the acidic state caused by excess sodium.
5. Stretch your muscles thoroughly at least 1 day per week. Learn yoga and add that to your program.
6. Meditate. Stress relief cannot be underestimated and it adds balance to your fitness regimen.
7. Think positive. Positive thinking about your health and fitness lifestyle is the only way to stick with it.
8. Eat oatmeal most days. A simple habit like this can work wonders. Oatmeal is filling, full of fiber, has no fat, and is a great source of energy for breakfast or snack.
9. Only eat beef or red meat on rare occasion. The habit of eating red meat frequently poses many unnecessary negative effects to your fitness progress.
10. Eat blueberries regularly. Blueberries are a potent source of antioxidants that fight free radicals.
11. An apple a day. Apples are high in fiber, rich in antioxidants, a great snack, and way healthier than most snacks.
12. A banana a day. Bananas are rich in potassium and good for the heart.
13. Broccoli is the greatest common vegetable on earth. The flourets contain potent antioxidants and the stem has good fiber, not to mention the level of alkaline benefits it has.
14. Olive oil and peanut butter in moderation, in measured proportion two to three times a week. These are great flavorful sources of the healthy fats- poly and mono unsaturated.
15. Tuna fish once a week. Tuna is a great source of protein and omega 3 fatty acids.
16. Eat salmon as often as possible. Salmon is one of the top healthy fish, rich in healthy fats and protein.
17. Only buy low fat and no fat products of fattening foods. Cheese, milk, ice cream, and other snacks are now tastefully tolerable in fat free and low fat forms.
18. Eliminate unnecessary simple sugar foods. Sugar is the most useless form of food for most people, and the empty calories it contains add up to major weight gain. It also is the primary cause of diabetes.
19. Cut out soda, soft drinks, and juice. All of these contain the simple sugars and effects of them mentioned above.
20. Any natural foods are usually good for you. This means things like coffee, almonds, nuts in general, and the like. Feel free to add these to your diet on occasion.
21. Green tea and tea is a great compliment to a balanced diet, all the more free radical fighting antioxidants to add to the mix.
22. Design a consistent exercise regimen for each week to ensure you stick with it. Make sure your daily schedule contains your workout for the day.
23. Choose a low stress job. No matter how smart you are, high stress jobs are unhealthy.
24. Don’t over train. Consistency in the long run is better and more effective than short term extremes when it comes to exercising.
25. Lettuce, tomatoes, and onions- these are the common foundation of the salad bars, and they generally should be included in the foundation of your diet. Favor remain and green leaf lettuce over iceberg lettuce, as they’re way more rich in nutrients.
26. Red wine is the healthiest alcoholic beverage if you socially drink as it contains antioxidants.
27. Don’t forget oranges, strawberries, grapes, plums, apricots, and other fruits, which are all healthy and great snacks.
28. Grilled chicken without extra calories as your protein foundation will work wonders instead of red meat. Invest in it- you can eat it with any recipe or meal and save fat calories.
29. Go easy on the bread and starches. Popular bread isn’t the worst thing as it is low in fat, but it’s also another empty calorie food usually, and it’s low in nutrients.
30. Brown rice is the best of the pasta family. Choose it consistently over white rice and plain pasta. It has far more nutrients and dietary fiber.
31. Change your exercise program every 3-4 weeks, especially strength training since the muscles adapt and stop changing. The best way to keep progress is to change your program.
32. Commit to living healthy and active for life- make it a principle. This way, you have a mission statement behind your habits that glue it together.
33. Don’t skip meals. This leads to overeating at your next meal and fat storage. Eat regularly when you are hungry every 2-4 hours with smaller meals. This ensures your energy levels remain up too throughout the day.
34. Concentrate mostly on the legs, back, chest, and abs when weight training. These are the largest and most important muscle groups of the body, but don’t forget the arms and shoulders.
35. Never give up. Even if you fall of track and have a setback, find yourself, and make a strong commitment to getting back on track. This resolve can make an outstanding difference when it comes to your goals and results. Motivation really is the key to succeeding. You can do it.