An overabundance of alcohol can can cloud judgment and lead to irrational behavior. That’s a lesson that parents should impart to their children — sometimes to themselves as well.
This last observation is illustrated by the actions of 46-year-old Frank Gordon Conway of Pittsburgh, who “did not see a problem” with allowing his eight-year-old son to drive his SUV. The reason was that Conway was quite inebriated at the time. He situated the child between his legs in the driver’s seat of his 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee and the pair took off on a joy ride, which soon turned less than joyful.
According to the Smoking Gun:
The child, who was steering the vehicle and controlling its pedals, told police that he “drove in the yard, on the street and in the parking lot of the V.F.W. before re-entering the yard and hitting the wrong pedal which caused him to strike a tree.”
The boy suffered injuries to his face and sternum in the crash, police reported. During a post-accident interview at the Indiana Regional Medical Center, a “highly intoxicated” Conaway told cops that he “did not see a problem” with his son driving the vehicle. Following that admission, “Charges were then filed.”
Thankfully, the injuries are relatively minor, and the child has already made a full recovery. Conway, who was not injured in the crash, is now facing multiple criminal counts, among them misdemeanor child endangerment and reckless endangerment. He is due to appear in District Court for a preliminary hearing Nov. 19.
- Parents charged with child abuse for exorcism of 10-year-old daughter
- 10-year-old who murdered 90-year-old woman charged as an adult (Video)
- Mother jailed for up to 30 years for burning off teen son’s penis and nipples with lighter
- Daycare worker admits to murdering 3-year-old because she ‘refused to take her coat off’
- Infant raped at daycare center
- Burglar finds child sex abuse on stolen videos, drops dime on perp
- Another day, two more instances of brainless parents leaving small children in cars
- Albuquerque: Man, children found living in feces-covered home with days-old corpse
- Teacher records herself, principal bullying autistic child while class laughs
- SI mom catches nanny on hidden camera abusing infant child
For more articles and headlines, be sure to check out Liberty Unyielding. Follow me on Twitter or join me at Facebook.