VA continues to mistreat its veterans, yet hundreds of illegal immigrants are currently being flown to Tucson and Phoenix, Arizona where they are transported where ever they want to go via Greyhound!
According to reports, federal authorities say there’s no room at detention facilities in the southern edge of Texas, so migrants from Central American countries who’ve been apprehended recently have been transferred to other locations.
Apparently, The Texas Border Patrol doesn’t have the manpower to handle the surge in illegal border crossings! The only requirement the government ask of the illegals is they report to a local ICE office within 15 days! Come on, now! How many of these people are actually going to show up?
Governor Jan Brewer says neither her office nor the Arizona Department of Public Safety had any idea that the federal government was dumping off migrants by the busload in Phoenix in Tucson.
Brewer wrote a letter to President Obama saying her administration only recently learned about the transportation of 400 immigrants from news media reports and is demanding answers to this so-called dump-immigrants-at-bus-stops policy.
She asked the following questions:
1. Who authorized this policy, and why has the federal government selected Arizona as the target?
2. When was the policy initiated, and how much longer is the operation expected to proceed?
3. How many aliens have been transported from other states to Arizona and released through this operation?
4. How many aliens have designated Arizona as their ultimate destination?
5. How many aliens are designated as a “family unit,” and how many have been designated as “unaccompanied juveniles?”
6. What does the federal government know about the backgrounds and histories of the aliens being transported and released in Arizona?
7. What proactive steps is DRS or any other federal agency undertaking to establish emergency housing/detention space to properly process those aliens?
8. What has caused this massive influx of illegal aliens such that federal operations in Texas are unable to handle the processing of these individuals?
9. What is being done to secure the border in Texas to prevent the continued illegal crossings that have “forced” the federal government to transport illegal aliens from Texas and release them in Arizona
In the letter, Brewer said several media reports indicate a large portion of the illegal aliens, the Department of Homeland Security is releasing into Arizona from Texas, are women, children, and unaccompanied juveniles.
“The reports also indicate that DHS has abandoned these individuals at the bus stations without any food, water or basic necessities. I remind you that the daytime temperatures in Arizona during this time of year are regularly more than 100 degrees,” said Brewer.
The Arizona governor was quick to add how the federal government has seemed to show no humanitarian concern, rather it’s more concerned with dispersing the illegals as quickly as possible.
She said it’s the federal government’s responsibility to care for and properly process these individuals, not dump them off somewhere.
Even with local volunteer-groups available in cities like Tucson and Phoenix, which have been helping in months past, these groups are not adequately equipped to handle hundreds of immigrants in one weekend!
Americans like Dennis Mina said more than likely, most of these women and children have already been subjected to abuse and neglect in their own country. He asked how is dumping them off at a bus station with no food, water, shelter or better yet, a legitimate place to go a better option?
“Put them on planes and send them back. After a while they will stop coming. Close the borders. These women and kids are no better off here given their current situation. Dumping human beings is NOT acceptable,” Mina said.
Brewer ended her letter to the president stating how the State of Arizona and the rest of the nation has been put in a compromising situation as a result of President Obama’s irresponsible behavior. She told him, it’s time to secure our country’s southern borders.
The governor’s closing remarks mentioned how the state and local governments and their agencies are being stretched to the breaking point, and if something isn’t done soon to counteract the problem, this country is going to be in serious trouble! Transporting and releasing more illegals into other states like Arizona will only exacerbate this problem.