Over the summer, everyone is enjoying cooking outside and creating special dishes. From red, white and blue, desserts to fresh fruit inspired dishes, the summer holiday is a time to indulge. When creating a holiday menu, considering guests dietary restrictions and needs will be appreciated. From fresh, local ingredients to gluten free options, the variety of dishes can help everyone feel included.
Here are a few recipes that can keep guests cheering long after the fireworks fade in the night sky.
Udi’s Gluten Free Strawberry Shortcake Sensations
- 1 package Udi’s Gluten Free Double Vanilla Muffins
- 1 (8-ounce) container strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Place sliced strawberries in small bowl, toss with 1 tablespoon sugar and lemon juice, refrigerate until ready to use.
- Using a paring knife, cut a circle around the inside edge of the muffin top, pop off the top and hollow out the muffin, making sure to leave the bottom intact.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a whisk (or alternately, a large bowl using a hand held mixer), whisk heavy cream and 2 tablespoons sugar on high speed until stiff peaks form, about 1 minute.
- Fill hollow muffins with strawberries and top with whipped cream. Serve.
Udi’s Gluten Free Fruit and Yogurt Granola Cups
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil or butter, melted
- Cooking oil spray
- 1 egg
- 1 12-ounce bag Udi’s Gluten Free Au Naturel Granola
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- Fresh berries
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a muffin tin with cooking oil spray.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, coconut oil, and egg; stir. Add granola and stir to combine.
- Spoon granola mixture into 10 muffin cups, filling each ¾ full. With your fingers, press the granola into the muffin cups and create a small indentation in the middle of each granola cup. Place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes until slightly golden. Remove from the oven and allow to rest 5 minutes in the muffin tin before removing.
- Once cooled, fill the muffin cups with yogurt and top with berries. Serve.
Red, Mango, Blue Pops
Instructions Gently push raspberries into bottom of Popsicle mold. Place diced mango into mold on top of raspberries, top with blueberries. In a liquid measuring cup, mix coconut water and agave nectar, pour into each mold, about ¼ inch from the top. Insert Popsicle sticks into each pop mold. Freeze overnight. Remove from molds and serve immediately.
Mango Chocolate Sparklers
Insert skewers into bottom of mango pieces, place on parchment-lined baking sheet and place in freezer to chill, 30 minutes or up to overnight. Break chocolate bars into small pieces. Place semi-sweet chocolate in small bowl and melt in microwave, about 3 minutes, stopping to stir chocolate every 30 seconds. In separate bowl, repeat with white chocolate. Remove mango from freezer and dip halfway into warm chocolate, allowing excess to drip off of mango. Roll in sprinkles and return to baking sheet to allow chocolate to cool. Store in refrigerator until ready to serve.