Taylor Schilling’s “ethereal and angelic” makeup look created by celebrity makeup artist, Tina Turnbow proves that the less makeup look can be more alluring. Tina Turnbow created an innocent and demure look for “Best Lead Actress in a Comedy” nominee, Taylor Schilling, at the 66th Annual Primetime Emmy Awards. Turnbow was inspired by the sparkle and creamy tones of Schilling’s Zuhair Murad couture gown, and complemented the gown with a combination of a “sultry” copper eye and strong brows.
Here’s how to get Taylor Schilling’s ethereal and angelic look by Tina Turnbow:
FACE: Glowing, ethereal skin:
- Turnbow first prepped the skin with Colbert M.D. Illumino Face Oil and then used her fingers to apply Laura Mercier Foundation Primer – Radiance $33 all over Schilling’s face.
- She then applied Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 20 Sunscreen in Nude, $43 and covered small imperfections with Laura Mercier High Coverage Concealer $28.
- To illuminate the cheeks, she first applied Laura Mercier Bonne Mine Stick Face Colour in Pink Glow, $32 to the apples of the cheek. Next, she blended Laura Mercier Metallic Crème Eye Colour in Platinum, $24 on the back of her hand and dabbed in a bit of Laura Mercier Foundation Primer – Radiance $33. Turnbow applied this combination to the top of Schilling’s cheeks, the bridge of her nose, her cupids bow and her brow bone to give the skin a luminous look.
- Lastly, she applied Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder $24 to ensure Schilling’s makeup stayed in place all night.
EYES: Sultry, mysterious copper eyes
- First, Turnbow lined the inner rim of the top lash line with Laura Mercier Kohl Eye Pencil in Brown Copper, $24, smudging the colour out slightly.
- Next, she brushed Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour in Cocoa $28 onto the back of her hand and applied it with a fluffy brush to give a wash of colour over the eyelids. She swept the shade out from the crease and applied a little to the outer corner of Schilling’s eyes to elongate and provide depth.
- She then added Laura Mercier Sateen Eye Colour in Cognac $24 on the lids and along the brow bones to give them a slight pop of copper colour.
- To highlight the eyes, she applied Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour in Moonlight, $28 in the inner corners and on the center of the lid, providing a bit of sparkle to the look.
- Lastly, Turnbow lightly applied Laura Mercier Faux Lash Mascara in Black, $25 to the top and bottom lashes, providing just enough colour to define the lashes.
BROWS: Strong brows framed the face
- First, Turnbow filled in the eyebrows with Laura Mercier Eye Brow Pencil in Soft Brunette, $22.
- She then rolled a spoolie into the Laura Mercier Brow Definer in Warm, $20 and brushed the colour onto the eyebrows, which gave Schilling’s eyebrows extra thickness.
LIPS: “Bitten” lips
- To prepare the lips, Turnbow first applied RéVive Intensité Volumizing Lip Serum $115, which helped to plump the lip area.
- Using her finger tips, she applied Laura Mercier Rouge Nouveau Weightless Lip Colour in Sin, $25 onto the lips. She kept it very sheer – almost stain like – so it appeared like a “bitten look.”
BODY: Illuminated Skin
- To give the final touch of glamour to the look, Turnbow applied Laura Mercier Foundation Primer – Radiance, $33 on Schilling’s shoulders and back, which helped to tone down unevenness and provide luminosity to the skin.