City Officials to Host Ribbon-Cutting Event to Welcome City of Chicago’s First Olive Garden Restaurant.
The first Olive Garden restaurant in the city of Chicago will open on Monday, September 29th, at 3555 West Addison St. Governor Pat Quinn, Senate President John Cullerton, Representative Jaime Andrade, Alderman Rey Colon and other leaders have been invited to welcome the restaurant into the community during a ribbon cutting celebration at 10 a.m. on opening day.
The restaurant will be led by General Manager Remoun Abraham, an Olive Garden veteran of more than 12 years.
The 7,780-square-foot restaurant will host more than 240 guests and will create approximately 170 new jobs for the surrounding community. The building will feature the new Olive Garden logo and new elements inspired by the recent remodel design.
WHEN: Monday, Sept. 29
Remarks at 10 a.m.
WHERE: Olive Garden
3555 West Addison St.
Chicago, Illinois 60618
What’s New at Olive Garden
Earlier this year, Olive Garden unveiled the most significant menu evolution in the restaurant’s history, adding more than 20 new menu items that broaden the choice, variety and value it offers guests. Additionally, this new restaurant will open featuring Olive Garden’s Never Ending Pasta Bowl limited time offer. Guests can enjoy a variety of more than 150 pasta combinations, plus homemade soup or garden fresh salad and fresh baked garlic breadsticks – all unlimited and starting at just $9.99.
New Menu Highlights
- Small Plates: Expanding the Tastes of Italy section to include seven small plate dishes for guests who want to explore different flavors.
- Lighter Italian Fare: Enhancing variety within the under-575-calories menu section by introducing additional dishes for calorie-counting guests.
- Specialty Entrees: Bringing new culinary-forward entrees to the chicken and seafood sections of the menu, enhanced by preparation on a new Piastra flat-top grill for a more evenly cooked, tender and juicy taste.
- Antipasti and Caprese Salads: Creating new ways for guests to enjoy Olive Garden’s popular signature salad through the addition of antipasti or caprese toppings.
- “Cucina Mia” Section: Introducing a new menu section that gives guests the ability to create their own entrée from a variety of six pastas and five made-from-scratch sauces – starting at only $9.99 every day.
- Tuscan Trio Lunch Combinations: Enhancing our popular soup, salad and breadsticks lunch with choice of Mini Pasta Bowl, Small Plate or Signature Salad Topping.
About Olive Garden
Olive Garden is the leading restaurant in the Italian dining segment with more than 800 restaurants, more than 96,000 employees and more than $3.6 billion in annual sales. Olive Garden is a division of Darden Restaurants, Inc. (NYSE:DRI), which owns and operates more than 1,500 restaurants that generate approximately $6.3 billion in annual sales. Darden is recognized for a culture that rewards caring for and responding to people. In 2014, Darden was named to the FORTUNE “100 Best Companies to Work For” list for the fourth year in a row. Olive Garden is committed to making a difference in the lives of others in the local community. As part of this commitment, Olive Garden restaurants have donated nearly 30 million pounds of food to local community food banks across the country. For more information, visit www.olivegarden.com. Connect with us at Facebook.com/OliveGarden, Twitter.com/OliveGarden and Instagram.com/OfficialOliveGarden.