On Wednesday, June 25 at 6 p.m., Cahaba Brewing Company (2616 3rd Ave S, Birmingham) will team up with Filmmaker Craig Noble to host a beer dinner and the Birmingham exclusive screening of the film CRAFT.
The centerpiece of this event is a special screening of the new film CRAFT, an in-depth look into how craft “breweries are put to the test to maintain quality, creativity and integrity in the face of . . . voracious demand.” Inspired by a brewery tour in San Diego in 2012, Craig Noble took an immersive approach to this film by “[undertaking] an apprenticeship on a farm brewery, [attending] beer school in Vermont and [earning] his Cicerone (beer sommelier) certiﬁcation.” With his newfound knowledge, Noble visits such breweries as Funkwerks, Lagunitas Brewing Company and Odell Brewing Company to give viewers a “behind the scenes look at how these trailblazers, rogues and misﬁts craft better beer.”
To make this a full-blown event, the folks at Cahaba Brewing have set the tone for more of a dinner and a movie vibe. The following six course beer dinner with half pint pairings of Cahaba beers will be served throughout the viewing of the film:
- First Course: Watermelon, feta and spinach – topped with salted pork, pickled red onions and dressed with a Liquidambar balsamic reduction. Beer Pairing – Belgian Blonde
- Second Course: Beer-Brined Smoked Catfish Pâté – Catfish brined in Cahaba’s American Blonde and fast smoked over orange wood. Beer Pairing – Farmhouse Ale inspired by the film
- Third Course: Spicy Cantaloupe Gazpacho – Puréed cantaloupe with hints of Sriracha, cucumber and red onion. Beer Pairing – Single Hop #5 (Centennial) Extra Pale Ale
- Fourth Course: Pork on Pork on Pork on Pork – served over southern braised greens and topped with a grilled pineapple and jalapeno salsa (Pork tenderloin stuffed with smoked sausage rolled in a pork loin and wrapped in bacon. Layered with cheese, greens, bbq sauce and spices – all slow smoked). Beer Pairing – Liquidambar Amber Ale
- Fifth Course: Greek Lamb Sliders – Fresh ground lamb with hints of cumin. Beer Pairing – Oka Uba IPA
- Sixth Course: Carrot Cake – Traditional carrot cake with a mix of sweet and spicy flavors – Beer Pairing – Ryezome Stout
Doors open at 6 p.m., first course of food will be served at 6:30 p.m., and the movie will begin at 7 p.m. (63 minute run time).
Tickets for this event are currently available for the low price of $40 per person (plus fees). That price covers both the movie screening and beer dinner. Seating is limited for this event, so click here to secure your ticket as soon as possible. Additional beers will be available for purchase during the event for an added cost.
Cahaba Brewing is hosting one of only seven events during CRAFT’s East Coast film tour throughout the month of June, so this screening and beer dinner is quite the rare treat for beer lovers in Birmingham. Get your tickets soon to ensure that you do not miss this exclusive event. Prost!