Fall = pumpkin bread with cinnamon spice icing!
A great place in Raleigh, NC to purchase ingredients for this recipe is: Harris Teeter
As always, buy organic ingredients when possible.
Easy Pumpkin Bread
• 1 box white cake mix
• 1 cup canned pumpkin (or fresh puree)
• 1 egg
• 1 cup milk
• 1 single serving cup of apple sauce (4 ounces)
• 1/2 tsp cinnamon
• 1 shake ground cloves
• Chai sugar or cinnamon sugar
• butter spray
Preheat oven to 350*.
Spray 2 loaf pans with butter spray and then lightly coat them with chai sugar.
In a bowl add cake mix, pumpkin, egg, milk, apple sauce and spices.
Mix well with a fork or wire whisk, removing all lumps.
Pour evenly into two pans.
Sprinkle chai sugar over the top of each.
Bake for 55 minutes.
Cinnamon Spice Icing
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Milk, 1 teaspoon at a time until a drizzleable consistency is formed
Combine sugar and cinnamon into a bowl.
Add milk 1 teaspoon at a time until icing is formed.
Drizzle over bread.