Flex-a-min: Will it Really Improve Flexibility?
Many products are now advertised in the market for relieving joint pain and addressing other joint problems like swelling, inflammation, and restricted range-of motion. Flex-a-min® is one of the products available to support joint health. Let’s take a closer look on the product to see if it is really effective and safe.
What Is Flex-a-min?
Flex-a-min is a dietary supplement manufactured by the renowned company, Nature’s Bounty. This product is specifically conceptualized for people having joint problems and for those who would simply want to maintain the healthy stature of their joints. The product aims to provide the following benefits to its consumers:
- Reduced joint pain, inflammation, and swelling.
- Improved joint flexibility.
- Enhanced production of synovial fluid.
- Protect the joints from the stress and shock associated with every movement.
- Improved mobility.
Flex-a-min Super Glucosamine 2000 Plus
- Ascorbic Acid 60mg
- Vitamin D3 2,000IU
- Manganese 4mg
- Sodium 15mg
- Glucosamine 2,000mg
- Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM) 1,000mg
- Boron 6mg
- Flex Proprietary Blend (Silica and Hyaluronic Acid) 36.5mg
Flex-a-min Triple Strength Joint Flex Formula
- Vitamin D3 2,000IU
- Sodium 20mg
- Glucosamine 1,500mg
- Flex-a-min Joint-Flex Proprietary Blend 1,239mg
* Chondroitin Sulfate Complex
(Chondroitin, Collagen, Citrus Bioflavonoid Complex, MSM, Boswellia Serrata, Silica, Hyaluronic Acid) 1,139mg
* Aflapin Boswellia Serrata Extract 100mg
How Does It Work?
Both Flex-a-min products have the same concept when it comes to mode of action. They supply the body with the needed nutrients that will promote joint repair and support optimum joint health. Flex-a-min Super Glucosamine 2000 Plus contains larger amount of glucosamine compared to the other product. It also contains other ingredients that will enhance production of lubrication to act as a cushion in order to prevent frictional damage. Flex-a-min Triple Strength Joint Flex Formula on the other hand contains a proprietary blend with a complete mixture of MSM, Chondroitin, Hyaluronic Acid, and Boswellia Extract which are known to work synergistically to support joint health.
- You can choose from either of the two products which one suits you more. If you feel that you are getting more improvement with larger dose of glucosamine then you can take the Flex-a-min Super Glucosamine 2000 Plus. On the other hand, if you want the full package of joint nutrients then you can purchase Flex-a-min Triple Strength Joint Flex Formula.
- It contains larger dosage of glucosamine as compared to other supplements. Glucosamine is scientifically proven to reduce joint pain and assist in repair of damaged joints.
- Flex-a-min can cause an allergic reaction to those people having known allergy to shellfish (such as crab, shrimp, lobster, and crayfish)
- It can increase the bleeding risk of people taking blood thinners.
Is Flexamin Effective?
Effectiveness of Flex-a-min varies from one person to another. Positive results will actually rely on how well the body absorb the above mentioned ingredients and how the body responds to it. Increased glucosamine dosage maybe beneficial to some people however if the ingredients are not in ratio with what the body really needs then the increased dosage will be rendered useless. The manufacturer was not able to justify with clinical trials if their product is as effective as they advertised.
Will Flexamin Show Results?
As mentioned, results vary from one person to another. Aside from the increased dosage of glucosamine, Flex-a-min does not necessarily have other selling point. Yes, they may have the so-called proprietary blend, but when you read the components of the blend, it comprises the same ingredients like those of other joint pain supplements. There is really nothing unique with Flex-a-min.
How long does it take to see the result?
Nature’s Bounty did not indicate a specific period when the results will start to show. It was just recommended that the supplement be taken twice a day for a continued period of time to start experiencing results.
- This product should be avoided by pregnant and nursing women.
- People who has shellfish allergy should not take this product because it may cause an anaphylactic shock since the glucosamine is sourced from shellfish (crab, shrimp, lobster, and crayfish)
- If you have been diagnosed with any medical condition, consult your physician first prior to taking the supplement to ensure your safety.
- Do not take this supplement along with other medications as serious interactions or side effects may result. Always ask your doctor first.
- If you are taking blood thinners or any medicines that affect blood clotting, Flex-a-min should be avoided because it may increase your bleeding risk.
Although Flex-a-min is manufactured by a reputable company, it does not necessarily mean that the product is effective and 100% safe to use. You should do proper research prior to trying the product itself especially when it comes to matter involving your health. Flex-a-min maybe beneficial for those people having mild joint pain due to its increased dosage of glucosamine, but in the long run, the product has really nothing special to offer because its ingredients are as common as those found in most joint supplements. Another thing to consider is that Flex-a-min has not been subjected to any clinical trials or research to test its effectiveness on relieving joint pain and/ or supporting joint health.