Today TVshowauditions.info is reporting that FOX has set up an open casting call for June 25, 2014 in New York seeking people of all ages and types to appear on the upcoming series ‘Gotham’. The network has officially given a 16 episode series order for the new television show, which is based on characters appearing in and published by DC Comics, specifically those of Detective James Gordon and Bruce Wayne. USA Today reported yesterday that shooting on ‘Gotham’ begins in a few weeks.
‘Gotham’ will explore the origin stories of Commissioner James Gordon and the villains that made Gotham City famous, such as Penguin, the Riddler, Catwoman, Two-Face, the Joker, Poison Ivy, and Scarecrow. Under development for over a year and a half, the project was finally given a series order by FOX, which won an intense bidding war for the Warner Bros. Television rights to the show. The pilot episode is now completed, and will center on Gotham City PD rookie homicide detective James Gordon who, along with partner Harvey Bullock, investigates the double murder of local billionaires Thomas and Martha Wayne. At the crime scene, Gordon meets and finds a kinship with 12-year-old Bruce Wayne, the son of the murdered couple.
Starring in Gotham is four-time Teen Choice Awards nominee Ben McKenzie as James Gordon; Gemini Awards nominee Donal Logue as Harvey Bullock; David Mazouz as Bruce Wayne; Erin Richards plays James Gordon’s fiancée, Barbara Kean. Other cast members include Image Award winner Jada Pinkett Smith playing the role of imposing gang boss Fish Mooney, newcomer Camren Bicondova as Selina Kyle (future Catwoman), Robin Lord Taylor as Oswald Cobblepot (The Penguin), and Zabryna Guevara as Police Captain Sarah Essen.
The production company behind Gotham is Primrose Hill Productions. BAFTA TV Award nominee Bruno Heller is founder of Primrose Hill. Primetime Emmy Award nominee Geoff Johns oversees production for DC Entertainment. ‘Gotham’ will premier on Fox Network in Fall, 2014.
Details about the open casting call can be found on the following post:
FOX ‘Gotham’ Casting Call
All talent including minors and foreign actors must be legally eligible to work in the state of New York and in the United States.
The 2014 New York Actors Resource Guide eBook includes the information and documents needed for adults, minors, and foreign talent who would like to work as an actor or extra on film and television productions in New York and the United States:
• New York Child Performer Information Sheet
• New York Child Performer Permit Combined Application
• New York Child Performer Trust Accounts Information
• New York Verification of Satisfactory Academic Performance
• New York Child Performer Employer Certificate Combined Application
• USA Child Actor Work Permit Requirements – State Statues
• USA Immigration Work Permits and Visas
• USA Non-Immigrant Visa Application
In addition to the following New York Actors Resources:
• Audition Tips
• How To Make an Audition Video
• New York Casting Directors List
• New York Extras Casting Directors List
• New York Talent Agents List
• General Talent Agent Information
• New York Acting Classes List
• New York Headshot Photographers List
• Actors Unions
• Sample Actors Resume
• Sample Beginning Actors Resume
• Sample Cover Letters
• Entertainment Industry Terminology
• Miscellaneous New York Resources
• PDF Users Guides
All 2014 Actors Resource Guide eBook locations are available here.