Most people know that October 31 is Halloween, or All Hallows Eve. Fewer know that there’s only a Halloween because of the days that follow. November 1 marks the Catholic holy day of obligation, All Saints’ Day and November 2 is All Souls’ Day (celebrated as Dia de los Muertos or Day of the Dead in Mexico). Halloween was a pagan blowout that anticipated the solemnity of the proceeding holy day. Use these free printable Catholic saints coloring pages, crafts and lesson plans to learn more about All Saint’s Day and Halloween.
* Catholic Mom’s All Saint’s Day activities page has printable crafts and coloring pages, plus tips for celebrating a Christian Halloween. Visit the Catholic Kids home page for free printable liturgical lesson plans with age-appropriate activities linked: free printable puzzles, word searches, study sheets, crafts, Bible verses, games and activities.
* Catholic Playground has free printable Catholic saints coloring pages. They’re alphabetized and listed according to the Catholic liturgical calendar. Check out the free printable Stations of the Cross coloring pages.
* St. John the Baptist Religious Education has a plethora of free printable saints coloring pages. There are also printable Stations of the Cross coloring pages. There are coloring pages of Bible stories, Miracles of Jesus, parables and life of Christ.
* ABCatholic has a free printable Catholic alphabet coloring book with images of saints, Bible stories and sacraments.
* Waltzing Matilda features handmade free printable Catholic saints coloring pages. The blog moderator has nicely-drawn images for sacraments and liturgical use also.
* Catholic Icing offers handmade All Saints’ Day printables and crafts. Read through the blog posts and sidebar menu for crafts, games and printables.
* JClub has free printable Bible and Catholic saints coloring pages.
* EWTN (Eternal Word Television Network) Kids offers free mass readings, prayer activities, crafts and coloring pages for children. Users must create a free account with user name and password.
Use these coloring pages to help create saints costumes for All Saints’ Day parties. Use for year-round CCD, religious education, VBS and Children’s Liturgy of the Word activities.