Mother Nature splashed bucket loads of rain on eQuinelle Golf Course Thursday, causing the Ottawa Sun Scramble tournament committee to halt play after nine-holes in the Junior Open, and after 14-holes in the Ladies C division.
In other action, the Ladies Open and Ladies B divisions were completed before the heavy stuff kicked in.
Players who made the cut in the soggy conditions are headed to championship weekend to compete at Outaouais Golf Club on Saturday or Eagle Creek Golf Club on Sunday.
Here are the teams that made the cut in their respective divisions:
- Brenda Pilon & Lise Jubinville (-7)
- Kristin Ranieri & Kate Burnett-Isaacs (-7)
- Lisa Gordon & Shari Johnson (-6)
- Erika Godwin & Bonnie Wolff (-4)
- Carole Ann McCuaig & Debby Christie (-3)
- Morgan McHardy & Erin McHardy (-2)
- Tamara Chamberlain & Tarra Findlay (-2)
- Cheryl Hill & Sharon Windsor (-2)
- Lisa Muise & Laurie Howland (E)
- Pam Burnside & Lynn Arnone (E)
- Carole Chaumont & Lucett Descoteaux (+1)
- Lori Strike & Lise Proulx (+1)
- Lee Zomer & Marie Lusson (+5)
- Dianne Gowan & Rosmarie Buxbaum (+6)
- Diane Foss & Vivian Kalil (+8)
- Randeen Campbell & Lana MacKenzie (+9)
- Donna Beland & Barb Barnabe (+10)
- Nathalie Pelletier & Nancy Warden (+12)
- Isaac Lieff & Lewis Miller (-4)
- Colin Malone & Maneil Joshi (-4)
- Matthew Acton & Brad Musclow (-3)
- Jared Coyle & Connell Steers (-3)
- Kris Laushway & Brody Gilder (-3)
- Owen Henry & Logan Henry (-2)
- Carson Pickup & Matteo Scapillati (-1)
- Shawn Hamer & Stuart MacKinnon (-1)
Congratulations to Lynne Arnone who won today’s 50/50 Make-A-Wish closest to the pin contest getting her shot to stop within five-feet of the hole.
The Week Ahead:
- Today – Flagstick Open, Senior Open & GolfWorks A at Talon at GreyHawk in Cumberland
- Aug. 23 – Championship Saturday at Outaouais Golf Club in Rockland
- Aug. 24 – Championship Sunday at Eagle Creek Golf Club in Dunrobin
The Ottawa Sun Scramble began in 2005 with an Open and Senior event at Eagle Creek Golf Club.
The weeklong tournament now offers 10 two-round partner divisions plus the Regimbal Media Challenge and four qualifying events. The tournament is conducted by local golf promotion company, ClubEG (www.executivegolf.ca), and is a scramble format where both players take a shot and use the better of the two from the tee box, on the fairway, in bunkers and on the green.
Subscribe to Ron Patey’s yeahstub.com golf coverage free of charge by clicking on the subscribe icon near the top of the column, after which you will receive an e-mail notification each time a new report is posted.