The following is the content of a gun rights quiz I have just sent as a message to Dr. Carson. This quiz was adapted from one created by Dan, National Gun Rights Examiner. If Dr. Carson replies, I will put his response in a subsequent post.
Good afternoon Dr. Carson,
I write the Knoxville Gun Rights Examiner Column.
Would you please be so kind to answer the following questions for publication?
1. Do you believe that the Constitution is the “supreme law of the land” and that the Bill of Rights acknowledges our birthrights?
2. If so, should these rights be proactively protected from infringement by all levels of government, including city, county and state?
3. Please give some examples of gun laws you consider constitutional.
4. Please give some examples of gun laws you consider unconstitutional.
5. Does the right to bear arms include the right for any peaceable citizen to carry them concealed WITHOUT a permit, as in Vermont?
6. Do you believe that Americans have a right to own, use and carry weapons of military pattern, such as the AR15, and will you use the prestige of elected office to publicly promote that right?
7. Do you support or oppose registration of weapons? Why?
8. Do you support or oppose licensing requirements to own or carry firearms? Why?
9. What specific gun laws would you work to get repealed if you were in the appropriate office?
10. If elected, will you back your words of support for firearms rights up with consistent actions? How?
11. Do you support arming volunteer staff in our schools as a first line of defense against violent criminal invasion?
12. Would you be proactive, and use your office as a bully pulpit to promote a Federal Law to require Handgun Carry Permit recognition between all the states, as Driver’s Licenses are?
Thank you so much for this. I will publish your answers as soon as I get them back from you.
Knoxville (TN) Gun Rights Examiner
Now, do this for me. Please subscribe here, its free, and it is simple and easy too. Be sure and SHARE via email and your social media. Also, check out my Good Hill Press blog.
A prudent person foresees danger and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences. Proverbs 22:3 (NLT)
Disclaimer: The information and ideas presented in this column are provided for informational purposes only. Firearms, like cars, kitchen knives and life itself all can be dangerous. You should get professional training as part of any plan to use firearms for any purpose. I have made a reasonable, good-faith effort to assure that the content of this column is accurate. I have no control over what you do, and specifically accept no responsibility for anything you do as a result of reading my columns. Any action or lack of action on your part is strictly your responsibility.