Half Moon Bay is a quaint seaside town located approximately a half hour south of San Francisco. This hidden destination is a vibrant coastal region renowned for its pristine views and outstanding farm-fresh cuisine. The Half Moon Bay Coastside is one of my absolute favorite weekend getaways so you can imagine my excitement when I learned that the entire town is coming together to showcase their fall farm-fresh bounty at their inaugural “Husk to Harvest Farm Dinner.”
In September, guests will gather on the grounds of La Nebbia Winery to celebrate a plethora of local chefs, farmers, fisherman and ranchers from the Half Moon Bay Coastside who will come together to serve up a five-course feast served al fresco.
Sunday, September 28, 2014 from 5:30 – 9:30 p.m. at La Nebbia Winery located at 12341 San Mateo Road in Half Moon Bay. Tickets to the event are $150 per person and will include a special commemorative basket filled with seasonal produce and local artisanal treats. Tickets can be purchased by calling (650) 726-8380 or visiting the Half Moon Bay Chamber of Commerce.
Seeking other things to do which visiting Half Moon Bay? Look no further:
• Play a game of golf at one of the most distinctive courses overlooking the Pacific Ocean at The Ritz-Carlton Half Moon Bay.
• Take in the aerial views of Half Moon Bay from an entirely new vantage point with Fly Bay Area airplane tours.
• Wine Tasting and Glassblowing – experience the fine art of glassblowing at Half Moon Bay Art Glass followed by wine tasting (located on the grounds of La Nebbia Winery).
• From seasonal farm-fresh salads to just-caught local fish,visitors will delight in the wealth of fresh seafood, vegetables, cheese and local wines found at the Half Moon Bay Coastside’s many acclaimed restaurants.
• Embark on luxurious sailing and whale watching adventures with Moonspinner Sailing, a Lagoon 440 luxury sailing catamaran which is available for private day charters and special occasions.
• Take a stroll down the Main Street, lined with shops, galleries, restaurants and more.
• Learn to ride the waves with surf lessons in an area renown for the famous surf spot, Maverick’s.
• Enjoy the day’s fresh catch from local fishermen and have it cleaned and cooked at a traditional working pier.
• Hike or bike along on the gorgeous Coastal Trail which follows the pristine coastline for seven gorgeous miles.
• Sighting colorful starfish in the plentiful tide pools.
• Milk a goat and learning how to make fresh cheese at a local farm.
From quaint bed and breakfasts to romantic ocean-side inns and luxurious coastal resorts with breathtaking views, Half Moon Bay’s wide variety of lodging offers a perfect fit for everyone. Here is a sampling of accommodations for your visit to the Half Moon Bay Coastside:
- Beach House Hotel – this luxuriously appointed New England-style boutique hotel overlooking the Pacific Ocean and Pillar Point features 54 ocean lofts, all with a patio or balcony and a fireplace. Special perks include complimentary continental breakfast, an outdoor pool and Jacuzzi and an evening wine and cheese reception on weekends. 4100 N. Cabrillo Highway, (650) 712-0220, www.beach-house.com.
- Goose & Turrets – housed in a historic 100-year-old building, this intimate bed and breakfast offers five differently themed rooms, each with private baths, down comforters and some with fireplaces. Complimentary afternoon tea accompanied by savories and sweets, and a four-course breakfast are served daily. Guests may wish to relax by the fireplace in the common room, styled with eclectic souvenirs collected by the owners, both avid travelers and pilots. The serene grounds feature a hammock, a fountain and flower and herb gardens. 835 George Street, Montara, (650) 728-5451, www.gooseandturretsbandb.com.
- Half Moon Bay Inn – located on Main Street in a gorgeous, newly-renovated 1932 Spanish Revival building, this cozy inn features 15 luxury guestrooms complete with beautiful European furnishings, plush pillow top mattresses, fine linens, marble baths, complimentary wireless Internet and 27” flat screen televisions. 401 Main Street (650) 726-1177, www.halfmoonbayinn.com.
- Half Moon Bay Lodge and Conference Center – recently receiving a $1.5 million renovation, this Spanish-style, family and business-friendly lodge features 80 comfortable guestrooms, exceptional conference facilities, a pool, whirlpool, a fitness center and sauna and a relaxing outdoor fireplace. Each room, complete with a deck or terrace overlooking the acclaimed Arnold Palmer-designed Half Moon Bay Golf Links, is luxuriously appointed and filled with modern conveniences such as coffee makers, pay-per-view movies and complimentary high-speed wireless Internet access. The ample complimentary continental breakfast, complete with make-your-own-waffles, is not to be missed. 2400 S. Cabrillo Highway, (650) 726-9000, www.halfmoonbaylodge.com.
- Mill Rose Inn – a romantic inn tucked away at the end of a quiet street featuring six luxurious suites styled with European antiques, bay windows, fireplaces, original watercolor artworks and
fresh flowers. Guests can relax in the cozy library, outside in the English country garden, or in the Jacuzzi spa. A complimentary gourmet breakfast, afternoon wine and cheese and evening pastries and drinks are served daily. 615 Mill Street, (650) 726-8750, www.millroseinn.com.
- Ocean View Inn – originally built in 1906 as a roadhouse, this historic property still echoes its turn-of-the-century heritage with Victorian-inspired decor. All nine rooms have private entrances with decks and whirlpool tubs. 1410 Main Street, Montara, 650-728-8200, www.oceanviewinnhmb.comOceano Hotel & Spa – with a spectacular location overlooking picturesque Pillar Point Harbor, this luxurious seaside escape boasts 84 luxuriously appointed suites with fireplaces, wet bars and private balconies with panoramic views of the harbor, ocean and coastal mountain range. Perfect for guests planning an extended stay, 11 spacious one-and-two-bedroom villas offer full kitchens and living rooms. The hotel features The Oceano Bar & Grill, a gym, a full-service spa and 8,000 square feet of meeting and event space. 280 Capistrano Road, (650) 726-5400, www.oceanohalfmoonbay.com.
For additional lodging options or information on the Half Moon Bay Coastside, please click here.