With Halloween falling on a Friday, adults are getting into the spooky spirit with their own celebrations. From an adults’ only Halloween party to a libation after trick and treating, adults are inspired by the holiday and flavors of the season.
While the kids are coveting their haul of candy, the adults can conjure up one of these Halloween inspired cocktails. From a warm, comforting toddy to a tart margarita, there is nothing scary about these cocktails.
Hot Pumpkin Tequila Toddy
- 2 parts Sauza® Blue Reposado 100% Agave Tequila
- ½ part DeKuyper® Mixologist Collection Ginger
- 6 parts apple cider
- ½ part real pumpkin puree
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Small lemon sliced into wheels
- Whipped cream for garnish (optional)
- Dash of fresh ground nutmeg
Preparation: In a non-reactive sauce pan, combine all ingredients except the whipped cream and heat just until steam rises then lower heat to keep warm. To serve, ladle into coffee mugs, top with whipped cream and dust with fresh ground nutmeg.
Candy Apple Margarita
- 1 ½ parts Sauza® Blue Silver 100% Agave Tequila
- ½ part DeKuyper® Hot Damn! ® Cinnamon Schnapps Liqueur
- 1 part lime sour
- 1 part candy apple soda
- 1 lime wedge (for garnish)
Preparation: Combine all ingredients in a glass filled with ice. Garnish with a lime wedge and enjoy!
- 1 ½ parts Sauza® Blue Reposado 100% Agave Tequila
- ½ part Kamora Coffee Liqueur
- 4 parts coffee
- 2 tsp. cinnamon sugar (1 part cinnamon, 4 parts sugar) plus more for dusting
- Whipped cream
- Cinnamon stick for garnish (optional)
Preparation: Combine hot coffee and tequila. Mix in cinnamon and sugar until dissolved. Float whipped cream on top and dust with cinnamon-sugar. Garnish with cinnamon sticks (optional) and enjoy!
- 1 part Skinnygirl® Bare Naked Vodka
- 1 part chilled light beer
- 2 parts raspberry lemonade concentrate
- Apple slice for garnish
Preparation: Mix all ingredients over ice and serve. Garnish with apple slice.
- 2 parts Skinnygirl® Tangerine Vodka
- 1 part fresh blood orange juice
- Candy corn for garnish (optional)
Preparation: Combine blood orange juice and vodka in an ice shaker. Strain and pour into a frosted martini glass. Optional: garnish with candy corn. Enjoy!
- 1 part Skinnygirl® White Cherry Vodka
- 3 parts lemon-lime sparkling water
- Splash of cherry juice
- Lime wheel for garnish
- Cherry for garnish
Preparation: Pour vodka and cherry juice over ice. Top with lemon-lime sparkling water. Garnish with a cherry and lime wheel.