Your little monsters are running all around giggling about their tricks and asking for treats. Ghoulish bright orange pumpkins are carved and glowing. The whole family is concocting scary costumes to wear. Time for some “fun” Halloween monster books, face paint and cookies.
Monster books for 2-8 year olds:
· Children’s Book: A Monster Stole My Halloween Candy by Julia Abby Thomas -A Funny, Colorfully Illustrated Children’s Halloween book.
· Children’s Book: There Are Monsters In My Room by Michael Yu and Rachel Yu -A Halloween bedtime picture story book for little ones.
· Children’s Book: A Monster Stole My Sock (Book Two) by Julia Abby Thomas
· Both Funny and beautifully illustrated children’s rhyming bedtime story.
· The Monster at the End of This Book by Jon Stone and Michael Smollin – A Classic fun read children will read again and again.
· Monster Needs a Costume (Monster & Me) by Paul Czajak and Wendy Grieb- It is Halloween, and Monster shows children to be creative and how to try something new.
· Monster Diaries 1: The Negative Monsters! By Bolaji O (Halloween books for kids): Negative Nelly & Negative Ned sit on Harry and Sally’s shoulders making them so miserable. With the help of their families they find their own positive qualities and see themselves as superheroes.
· Children’s Books: THE VERY HELPFUL MONSTERS by Sally Huss – A funny book about a small boy who want to become a monster, is decision is whether to become a scary monster or a kind monster.
Monster Face Paint:
· 1 tablespoon shortening
· 2 tablespoons cornstarch
· Your choice of food coloring
· Small plastic containers
Mix together the shortening and cornstarch. Add a drop of food coloring of your choice and mix well. Store face paint in a container for five to seven days.
(Remember food coloring does stain. If your little one stains their clothes Act quickly and rinse, rinse, rinse the stained piece of clothing in cool water as quickly as you can. If you are able to wash the fabric soak overnight in a solution of water and detergent. Rinse and launder as usual. White fabrics can be laundered with a color-run removing product suitable for the type of fabric.)
What monster plays tricks on Halloween?
-Learning at home by Rhonda Cratty is a parent resource, filled with ideas to help children become the best they can be. Daily activities for family fun, that make subjects become more than pencil and paper, moving learning into everyday life. Learning at home can be purchased in print or eBook form through http://www.amazon.com/dp/1494917203