Today’s recipe is provided by Executive Chef Jeff Anderson of Safeway’s Culinary Kitchens. Chef Jeff is responsible for developing new product ideas and recipes that help shoppers create better home-cooked meals. Anderson is committed to providing a gold standard of food excellence, all at affordable prices for Safeway shoppers, understanding the need to make every dollar count – especially throughout the holiday season. A father of two, he is passionate about creating recipes that are not only delicious but also affordable and simple to prepare for today’s busy families. With the right mix of the essentials, Chef Jeff maintains, shoppers can create amazing appetizers, unforgettable meals, delicious desserts and more.
Holiday Vegetable Casserole (serves 6)
- 2 tbsp Lucerne® Unsalted Butter
- 1 cup broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 cup cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 cup Brussels sprouts, halved, stem end removed
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Lucerne Whole Milk
- 2 tbsp Lucerne Heavy Cream
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup Primo Taglio® Shredded Manchego Cheese
- 1 cup garlic-flavored croutons
- 1 tsp minced parsley
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Warm a medium size pan over medium heat, add butter and vegetables and cook until slightly browned and beginning to crisp.
- Sprinkle in flour and allow to cook for 45 to 60 seconds.
- Add the milk, heavy cream, salt and pepper, then whisk and return to a simmer.
- Pour vegetable-milk mixture into buttered casserole pan and top with shredded Manchego and croutons.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Garnish with parsley and serve immediately.