Nintendo has released a special demo for Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire, but the demo isn’t available to the masses per the Nintendo eShop. Luckily, we have all the necessary steps and information to help guide you to receiving the demo. According to information shared by Nintendo on Oct. 20, there are six ways to gain access to the Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire, and we have all the information you will need.
Those that play the demo will be given early-access to the Hoenn region and take on exclusive missions to earn bonus content that can be transferred to the full game later this year. Players will encounter a Pokémon and its Mega-Evolution form for the first time – which you will then be able to capture and transfer to the full version of Pokémon Omega Ruby or Pokémon Alpha Sapphire. Likewise, items obtained in the demo can also be transferred to the full versions.
Of course, before you can do any of that, you will first need a demo code to access the game. Those that buy Pokémon Art Academy, which will release on Oct. 24 on the Nintendo eShop, will be given a code to play the Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire demo. Another method is by purchasing Pokémon Puzzle Challenge or the Pokémon Trading Card Game, both of which will be available in early Nov. from the Nintendo eShop. Find every available option fully detailed below.
How to get a demo code:
- Codes will be distributed at select cinema locations nationwide from Nov. 7–Nov. 13 (while supplies last).
- Check with your local retailer during the holidays to find out about special demo code giveaways (while supplies last).
- Get a code with your purchase of the new Pokémon Art Academy game (out Oct. 24) when you buy from Nintendo eShop on your Nintendo 3DS or 2DS system.
- You’ll also get a code with your purchase of one of two classic Pokémon games coming to the Virtual Console service on Nintendo eShop: the Pokémon Puzzle Challenge game (out Nov. 6) or the Pokémon Trading Card Game (out Nov. 13). You’ll find your free demo code on your eShop receipt (download codes available while supplies last).
- Codes will be emailed the week of Oct. 31 to select Nintendo customers with Nintendo Network IDs who have signed up to receive promotional emails from Nintendo.
- Codes will also be distributed during the holiday mall tour from Nov. 24‒Dec. 21 at 16 different locations throughout the nation. Talk to a staff member to try out Pokémon Omega Ruby, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire or any of the featured Nintendo 3DS games to receive two codes—one for you, and one for a friend (while supplies last). Check back soon for a list of tour locations.
Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire will see release on Nov. 21 in North America.