Impact Wrestling (I know, I can’t believe I did a full article on them either) will be having their Bound for Glory PPV from Japan this year (I guess they wanted more than 30 people showing up). Team 3D is scheduled to be inducted into Impact’s Hall ofFame. Which then I got curious and I went to the Impact Wrestling website and couldn’t seem to find their Hall of Fame in their Roster or search. So I will guess that Kurt Angle, Jeff Ja…whoa, almost said his name (On my wrestling page on Facebook ‘Pro Squared Circle’, curse words and his name is blocked). I’d try to think of any other names that would be on that illustrious (couldn’t helpbut laugh) list but my lack of knowledge for the product has hindered me (and I lost interest in that project). So let’s jump into my predictions (warning: I watch an average of 0 mins a week of this promotion)! Why isn’t there a world title match on their big PPV?
- The Great Muta & Tajiri vs James Storm & The Great Sanada– The Great Muta is one of my favorite wrestlers of all time! I feel a little disappointment that I have missed his last handful of appearances on US T.V but It’s not easy to tune into something really dreadful (see 2009 WWE ECW). Tajiri of course, I remember (and liked) from his run in WWE, basically for doing a decent Muta impression. Muta is like the Japanese Hulk Hogan (but was actually amazing in the ring) so thats understandable. James Storm was one of the beer guys and I’m not sure who Sanada is (but I can take a guess on who he is supposed to be immulating) so I will have to go with my guy, Mutoh in this one. I think I will get on youtube and dive into this match and the guys involved in this match just because the lack of knowledge. My Pick–Team Green Mist, Muta & Tajiri
- Team 3D vs Abyss & Tommy Dreamer— Again, knowing nothing about storylines, I would assume this match has happened quite a few times. It will be a generic pick here, because I don’t think they would honor the Team 3D with their Hall of Fame to have them lose to Tommy Dreamer.That’s not a shot at Tommy Dreamer, its…well it’s a shot. One of my first articles was about Abyss because he is from the DC area, so he gets a pass from me. My pick—Team 3D
- Samoa Joe vs Low Ki vs Kaz Hayashi (X-Division Championship) Low Ki is an amazing wrestler that I wish came around at a better time in WWE. Samoa Joe is also really good, and you can’t help to wonder what a WWE run would be like for that guy. I listen to the podcasts, and those gentlemen all would say he would do very well. I don’t know the other guy, so I will guess that Low Ki wins this title. This division is the one thing that Impact has really gotten right over the years! This is my pick for match of the night as it is sure to be a real knock down/drag out kumite!(yes, I went there! You’re Welcome) My Pick–Low Ki
- Ethan Carter III vs Ryota Hama I have absolutely no clue who these guys are, so I will guess that Hama wins because the Japanese guys have to win a few of these right? My pick-Ryota
- Hama MVP vs Kazma Sakamoto MVP came to the ring in the WWE to Silk the Shocker (brother of WCW alumni Master P). Just going off of that I will pick pick Kazma Sakamoto in a tough match. MVP was on one of the podcasts I listen to and he said he really enjoyed the physicality of the Japanese style, so this could go both ways I suppose. My Pick–Kazma Sakamoto
- Manik vs Minoru Tanaka My heart says Manik, but my brain is telling me Minoru Tanaka (because he looks like a Tanaka). I don’t know where Manik is from, but unless his Shidoshi is Bruce Springsteen, I don’t think its going to be a victory for that guy. (I don’t know either of these guys, I’m just tickled that I got two ‘Bloodsport’ references in). My pick–Minoru Tanaka
- HAVOK vs Velvet Sky (TNA Knockouts Championship) Havok looks scary, so I will go with her in this Knockouts match. I don’t mind the stripper-esque look of Velvet (its Okay USA! Three references!) but I am going with my gut on this one. My pick-Havok. Andy Wu & Hijo Del Pantera vs Kuroshio Ikemen Jiro & Yusuke Kodama I’m picking Wu and Pantera in this one because the guys name is Pantera. My pick-Andy Wu and Hijo Del Pantera.
Even with the lack of knowledge of this promotion, I got one, two, three, four ‘Bloodsport’ references in there and that means this is one of my favorite articles ever! Netflix JCVD and watch the classic movie if you have not seen it (but my guess is, you have) because it is a treat. I hope TNA does well, for the sole purpose that I want to see Brian Kendrick back on TV! Dance with the Reptillians and enjoy this PPV on October 12th!