The Bubble Run is a colorfully new and bubbly 5K that aims to provide a good clean run for its bubbler participants.
Recently, as a part of its multi-state 2014 tour, the Bubble Run bubbled over to the fairgrounds in San Jose, Calif. As bubblers of all ages lined up at the starting line, each wave of participants was introduced to the first of six bubble bogs. The bogs were accompanied by powerful fans that sat on top of a high arch, known as a bubble-teer, and blew out large quantities of multihued bubbles.
Not only did the first bubble bog blast a tall wall (approximately 6′ tall) of white frothy foam for each wave at the starting line, but the remaining five bog stations varied in color and dispensary as the racers covered the three mile course. Most bogs along the course were stationary and single bogs, a couple of stations were double bogs, and another bog oscillated.
Adding a bit more fun to the day were the names of each bubble arch which were unique for each color of bubbles such as: Feeling in the pink; It’s easy being green; Feeling blue? Nope!; and Ring, Ring…Yell-o!
Once the participants crossed the finish line, they received some after race treats and could enjoy even more bubbles and dance to the music at the finale. The on-site Bubble Run store offered t-shirts and other souvenirs for purchase.
The Bubble Run FAQs
- Kids ages 6 and under can enjoy free admission with a paid adult.
- Jogging strollers are welcome.
- Swim goggles, sunglasses, or a bandana-like towel help keep bubbles out of eyes.
- There is no race clock and no timing chips, just a bubble fun run or walk.
- Entrants each receive a Bubble Run race shirt, race number, headband, tattoo and credit for a charitable donation.
- The longer you play in the bubbles, the more wet you’ll get.
- Participants can bring a towel, change of clothes, and flip flops if they’d like to change after the race.
View the Bubble Run video here.
Upcoming Bubble Runs
• Denver, CO. July 12
• Pamona, CA. July 26
• Portland, OR. August 9
Learn more about the Bubble Run here.