What is Intermittent Fasting?
Intermittent Fasting is not a diet but rather a style of eating that works great for many people. How it works is, you allow yourself about 8 hours in the day where you will be consuming all of your calories and fasting for the other 16. This 8 hours is called your “window” of eating. Consuming the calories you need within 8 hours is not difficult, and there is no need for over eating! Over eating at any point in the day will slow up digestion, cause bloating and inflamation.
Many people are following the Intermittent Fasting (window of eating) lifestyle and it is working wonders for them. With about 3 hours of fasting at night, 6-8 hours of fasting while asleep, and then going another 4-5 hours without eating (still hydrating though) in the morning, you allow your body to repair and renew itself like never before. By eating the proper number of calories for your lifestyle within that 8 hour window, you will allow yourself to fast safely without starving the body. You will also be digesting and utilizing foods much more efficiently. The most popular time frames, or windows of eating, are (10am – 6pm ) (11am – 7pm) ( 12pm-8pm). Here are just some of the many benefits of this method of eating-
- Flatter stomach due to less bloating. By watching your portion size, and going 16 hours without eating, your actual stomach organ will shrink and you will feel fuller easier.
- Better sleep. By stopping your eating 3 or more hours before bedtime, you will increase your chances of having the best night sleep ever! Your Human Growth Hormone will increase naturally leading to a whole slew of benefits, including this next one.
- More youthful appearance and sense of wellness. By your HGH increasing while you sleep amazing, your skin will repair better than ever. Not only will your skin repair better than ever, but all your inner workings will also get a tune up every night. This will lead to tons of energy and looking younger and healthier!
- Weight loss! Of course, along with the first 3 benefits comes weight loss. With your body running much smoother now, the stored fat will start disappearing!
- Better digestion and nutrient absorption! With better digestion comes a better sense of well being. Of course it helps physically, by keeping things moving and decreasing bloating and inflamation, but it does a lot for your emotions too. Poor digestion leads to poor nutrient absorption which leads to chronic fatigue which leads to depression! Good digestion leads to nutrient absorption, detoxification, loads of energy, faster weight loss, and a real good day!