Jefferson County Public Library Invites Jeffco Residents to Get Outside the Lines
Weeklong celebration highlights lesser-known library services
(Lakewood, Colo. – Sept. 4, 2014) Jefferson County Public Library (JCPL) announced today that it will participate in an upcoming campaign designed to get people thinking – and talking – about the library in a whole new way. Outside the Lines is a weeklong celebration, Sept. 14-20, 2014, demonstrating the creativity and innovation happening in libraries. Libraries across the country will be engaging with their communities in new and unexpected ways.
“We want people to know that we offer much more than books,” said Pam Nissler, executive director, JCPL. “Our services and resources are constantly evolving to meet the information needs of the 21st century, and we want to make sure people understand that.”
Jefferson County residents are invited to participate in the following events:
· Sunday, Sept. 14: Drop by the Children’s Room at the Standley Lake Library from noon to 4:00 p.m. to participate in a surprise project. Activities are geared to kindergarten through sixth graders. Younger children must be accompanied by an adult.
· Monday, Sept. 15: The JCPL Bookmobile will visit the Jefferson County Administration and Courts Facility at 100 Jefferson County Parkway in Golden from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. to showcase Library services and sign people up for library cards.
· Tuesday, Sept. 16: Kids in grades 4-12 are invited to bring their mad building skills to a LEGO Club event from 4:00 to 5:30 p.m. at the Belmar Library. We provide the LEGOs; you provide the creativity.
· Wednesday, Sept. 17: Our Kids and Families outreach team will visit moms and newborns to deliver board books and other resources to support early literacy.
· Thursday, Sept. 18: Visit the American Mountaineering Center in Golden at 7:00 p.m. for an evening with Amy Greene, author of Long Man. (Tickets required: jeffcolibrary.org/goldenreads/2014/tickets.)
· Friday, Sept. 19: Check out Book A Librarian, a new service for job seekers, small business owners and entrepreneurs. Request one-on-one business assistance from a research expert at jeffcolibrary.org.
· Saturday, Sept. 20: Check out our Women’s Self-Defense Course from 2:00 to 4:00 p.m. at the Arvada Library, brought to you by Action Family ATA Martial Arts studio.
“While these may seem like non-traditional events for a library, this is just a sampling of the kinds of programs happening every day at JCPL,” Nissler continued. “We hope Jefferson County residents will take advantage of this week to try new things and explore some of the many wonderful things the Library has to offer.”
-Learning at home by Rhonda Cratty is a parent resource, filled with ideas to help children become the best they can be. Daily activities for family fun, that make subjects become more than pencil and paper, moving learning into everyday life. Learning at home can be purchased in print or eBook form through http://www.amazon.com/dp/1494917203
For more information please see http://famfunlearn.com/.