We live in an age sadly when 8-year-olds are capable of committing rape, so maybe a school in Surprise, Ariz. that disciplined a 5-year-old for dropping his drawers in public was behaving rationally. The details, provided at AZFamily.com, suggest otherwise:
The mother of Eric Lopez says back in April, her son was on the playground at Ashton Ranch Elementary School when another student told him to pull his pants down or else he would do it for him.
Erica Martinez’s son complied, pulling down his pants and underwear in front of several other students.
When teachers saw what happened, they hauled Eric into the principal’s office where he was forced to sign a document that labeled his actions “sexual misconduct.” Eric received detention as punishment.
The child was forced to sign a statement? (Statement shown here.) Seems maybe a tad over the top, no?
What is more is that the mother claims she was not present for the meeting and not notified about the incident until after the fact. “He’s a 5-year-old,” she argues. “He does not know right from wrong yet.”
But the school has spoken. The child has been declared a “sexualized minor,” and the designation has added to his “permanent record.”
In a letter stating that it followed proper procedures and protocols, Dysart Unified School District explained its policy, which is to label indecent exposure as a form of sexual misconduct. Under the district rules, administrators are required to present the offending student with the accusations leveled against him, but they are not required to have a parent present for the meeting unless the student specifically so requests.
- 10-year-old raped by 8-year-old in school bathroom
- HS student captured on video shoving elderly teacher to ground
- School superintendent profiled by NYT for racial ‘vision’ sued for using racial slurs
- Teacher allegedly instructs one 2nd-grader to punch a peer in the face
- Muslim school superintendent defends Common Core-linked assignment questioning Holocaust *UPDATE*
- YouTube pulls video of black teens assaulting white student on school bus
- ‘Fed up’ students write legislation to address teachers having sex with students
- Kindergarten show canceled so kids can study, become ‘college and career ready’
- School bus driver orders eighth-grader having seizure off bus
- Second-grader says teacher took away her Bible during reading time
For more articles and headlines, be sure to check out Liberty Unyielding. Follow me on Twitter or join me at Facebook.