A perfect game by Dan Kruse, a 299 game by Jesse Hawver and a 248 triplicate series by Richard McLaughlin are the top performances in this weekend’s yeahstub.com report from bowling centers in the Sarasota-Manatee-Charlotte County area.
Kruse pounded out his first career perfect game when he strung 12 consecutive strikes in the final game of a recent session of the Monday Elite League at AMF Venice Lanes. He finished the evening with a 748 series after opening with scores of 266 and 180.
Hawver, making only his second appearance of the summer in the Cook Spring Invitational League at Sarasota Lanes, raised his six-game average to 229 when he connected for a 764 series on games of 227, 238 and 299.
“The final ball was a 7-pin … a really solid shot, and it should have been (a strike),” said Hawver, a 26-year-old lefthander who has averaged at least 223 in each of the six seasons since he entered adult league competition.
McLaughlin raised his average from 243 to 244 in the Bob Anderson Plumbing Mixed League at Sarasota Lanes, when he connected for three consecutive games of 248 for a triplicate series that totaled 744.
Two bowlers posted far-over-average performances in the Kays-Ponger-Uselton Friendly Fours League at Treasure Lanes in Port Charlotte. John Hagopian fired a 101-over 279 game as part of a 608 series, and Jim Hancock recorded a 195-over 738 series that included a 280 game.
In other high-scoring efforts reported from area bowling establishments:
- TREASURE LANES: George Fuller 278-738, Gary Krowka 266-705, Joe Tocco 266, D.J. June 265-700; Renae Gross 267-698, Dolores Meyers 246-640, Jill Harper 609.
- SARASOTA LANES: Jordan Sepper 278-759, Tracy Dalzell 278, Cory Anderson 268-722, Alex Abel 267, Bobby Lessig 719, Carl Sawyer III 703; Karen Shaffer 246, Jessica Hendrickson 228-624 and 619.
- BOWLAND PORT CHARLOTTE: Daniel Gassera 279-1024 (4 games), Jim Ulrich 279, Andrew Janosik 269-925 (4); Ashley Schwartz 234-613, Jessica Tompkinson 231.
- AMF BRADENTON LANES: Shaun Hackman 734, Brad Taylor 729; Adrianne Olmstead 238.
- ENGLEWOOD BOWL: Kevin Craycraft 279-749, Dave Brooks 276, Wayne Hoyt 267.
[You may subscribe to Bill Herald’s yeahstub.com bowling articles — free of charge — by clicking on “subscribe” near the top of the column, after which you will receive e-mail notification each time a new item is published.]