Strong and sexy arms are nothing to scoff at and something not achieved by hoping and dreaming. Certified Pilates instructor Karen Armstrong can help us all to get the arms biceps we want without the hassle of the gym or dumbbells. All you need is a resistance band.
Get prepared for all the exercises by standing strong with a neutral spine, keeping your stomach in and pelvic floor lifted.
1. Stand up straight with feet placed hips distance apart in the center of the resistance band. With your arms straight down at each side, grip and hold onto the band at the place where your fingertips meet your thigh and the band.
2. Keeping your chest open and elbows placed at your sides, bend your arms and do 15-20 Bicep curls. (Tighten the band to a manageable resistance yet firm resistance by choking up and shortening the band on either side)
3. Repeat the set 2-3 times.
1. Continue standing on the band and gripping the band with the same resistance. With your knees bent, bend slightly forward. Make sure your knees do not go past your toes. Keep your stomach contracted in order to support and keep your spine neutral.
2. Keep your arms straight and reach your hands back. Pulse and lift your hands back with straight arms. Pulse against the resistance. 15-20 reps.
3. Keep the shoulders down (away from your ears) and have them plus your elbow and wrist in one straight line. Repeat 2-3 times.
If you would like to be sent Makeover Monday articles once they are published please subscribe in the upper left corner.
1. Loosen your grip on each end of the band. Switch your grip by taking the opposite end of the band in each hand. The band should be crossed in front of you.
2. Holding on to the band with your hands crossed in front of you; lift and open your elbows out to each side. Your elbows should come out and up.
3. Maintain stability by keeping your shoulders, down away from your ears, your neck relaxed and chest open.
4. Lower and lift 15-20 reps. Repeat the set 2-3 times.