The most recent MH370 update is pointing to a failure to follow protocol and a potential cover-up. It has been a long seven months since the search for Flight 370 resumed, yet some officials are beginning to wonder this week whether the expensive search is worth the price. Emirates 24/7 News provides an outline of these rising costs and the latest conspiracy theory mentioned in association with the missing plane this Tuesday, October 28, 2014.
The vanished Malaysia Airlines aircraft still remains a mysterious tragedy, and MH370 search attempts have yielded few conclusive results. Now, one air traffic specialist and experienced pilot is stepping forward this week to say there is a distinct reason explaining why — a serious failure to follow protocol is to blame. Apparently, this breach has resulted in escalating financial costs being invested into the hunt (from public funding to human resources), all of which are leading to one hefty price tag.
According to this flight authority, Desmond Ross, Flight 370 is masked by a major cover-up, and that this ongoing conspiracy is no small affair. In addition to increasing expenses, Ross contends that both Australian aviation officials and Malaysian experts are in on the facade. The male flyer is arguing that search teams and aviation leaders failed to follow established protocol procedures. If they had, the missing plane would have already been found. The source of his belief in some major plot going on is that officials never shared recordings following the immediate disappearance of MH370, resulting in a prolonged hesitation before hunting efforts were implemented.
Free Malaysia Today News notes that while Ross admits that there is quite a bit of information that cannot be found at this point in time, he is under the impression that a number of important facts are still not being shared with the public. Now, he says, there is very little hope to find the mysteriously vanishing aircraft. If anything, the overall gains of eventually finding the remains of Flight 370 may no longer be worth the price.
There were earlier reports this month of wreckage from the missing plane possibly washing ashore in Indonesia. Government authorities released a statement to residents living near the coast to keep a sharp eye out on the waterline for possible bits of debris from the lost aircraft. So far, there has been no progress on this particular front.
Ultimately, Ross states in this update that regardless of the cost, MH370 could — and should — have been found much sooner by authorities had regular protocol been put into practice. Is a cover-up to blame for the mistake? The pilot believes this may in fact be the inconvenient truth.
“If proper protocols had been followed, we would not be looking for the aircraft today,” the Malaysian Insider reported Ross saying. “Many facts are missing, but many are available and should be released. We know that the initial period was filled with confusion and even misinformation from the airline itself which, at one stage, told ATC (Air traffic control) that it had contact with the aircraft in Cambodian airspace.”
This aviation authority concluded his cover-up theory and speculation on the fate of Flight 370 by presenting the possibility of “criminal negligence” in the case. Although Malaysian Airlines authorities said that a limited number of details on the lost aircraft or search efforts could be released because of security issues, Ross thinks it unlawful to say that no communication records are available.
“Nobody can tell us that the recordings do not exist … [Australian officials and Malaysian authorities] could be accused of covering up vital information which would help the families and independent investigators to work out what happened.”
It is difficult for those keeping aware of MH370 news to believe and accept, but even after half a year, little progress has been made regarding updates to the whereabouts of the missing plane. Was it a protocol fail or a conspiracy? Is continuing the search worth the price? Flight 370 disappeared from public knowledge this March 8, 2014. A total of 239 people were announced to have been on board the aircraft when it vanished. Hopefully, substantial answers aren’t too far off on the horizon.