Father’s Day isn’t the only day in June that celebrates those special people in our lives that are near-and-dear to our heart. National Children’s Day, or Children’s Day, is an annual holiday observed on the second Sunday in June. This year’s event takes place on June 14, 2015.
National Children’s Day
This special occasion has been observed in various American communities since the late 1860s and was actually observed before both Mother’s Day and Father’s Day began. Today, governors and mayors around the nation issue official proclamations in support of National Children’s Day. And with more than 74 million people under the age of 18 currently living in America, that’s a lot of celebrating!
Let’s be honest. Most of us lead very busy lives. Between the careers, school, extra-curricular activities, the house and that never ending to-do list, there isn’t much time left to stop and smell the roses. Today serves as an important reminder to cherish those incredibly special people in our lives – our kids.
Children require love and guidance to reach their true potential. It is our responsibility as parents to encourage and support our children to give them the tools they need to prepare for adulthood. Besides doing something extra special for your kids today, parents can also take part by signing commitment cards pledging to “love, cherish and nurture” their children. Community organizations and churches also celebrate the event.
Sentimental and Silly Quotes & Sayings About Children
- “Children are the anchors of a mother’s life.” ~ Sophocles
- “I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.” ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “Each day of our lives we make deposits in the memory banks of our children.” ~ Charles R. Swindoll
- “Children are the hands by which we take hold of heaven.” ~ Henry Ward Beecher
- “There are no seven wonders of the world in the eyes of a child. There are seven million.” ~ Walt Streightiff
- “Children are our most valuable resource.” ~ President Herbert Hoover
- ”Mothers are fonder than fathers of their children because they are more certain they are their own. “ ~Aristotle
- “We worry about what a child will become tomorrow, yet we forget that he is someone today.” ~ Stacia Tauscher
- “Everybody knows how to raise children, except the people who have them.” ~ P.J. O’Rourke
- “Children make you want to start life over.” ~ Muhammad Ali
- “Adults are just outdated children.” ~ Dr. Seuss
- “What is a home without children? Quiet.” ~ Henny Youngman
- “Cleaning your house while your kids are still growing up is like shoveling the walk before it stops snowing.” ~ Phyllis Diller
- “Anyone who thinks the art of conversation is dead ought to tell a child to go to bed.” ~ Robert Gallagher
- “Any kid will run any errand for you if you ask at bedtime.” ~ Red Skelton
- “Children are great imitators. So give them something great to imitate.” ~ Anonymous
- “By investing in our children today, we assure a brighter future for us all tomorrow.” ~ JSG
Brainy Quote. Children
Quote Garden. Quotations About Children