I didn’t even realize there was a “off-season” in Carmel-by-the-Sea.
The popular tourist destination in the most beautiful part of California is great to visit anytime of the year, but the fall, leading up to the holidays is ideal and a good bargain.
To stoke the fire, some of the great Carmel inns are offering off-season deals where you can take advantage of nightly discounts off their best available rates. Man inns offer little things like champagne and chocolates when you arrive, marking Carmel as one of the most romantic destinations in the world.
If you travel with your dog, no problem. The inns in Carmel are all dog friendly and Carmel-by-the-Sea is quite possibly one of the most dog friendly cities in the country.
Per the City of Carmel, Carmel Chamber of Commerce and Carmel Innkeepers Association here is a summary of the deals:
– Best Western’s Carmel Townhouse Lodge, San Carlos Street & 5th Avenue. Regular rates are reduced 15 percent for midweek stays and 10 percent for weekend stays. The “MGM10” promotion is available through Dec. 31, and reservations must be made by phone by calling 831.624.1261. For more information about the property, visit www.carmelbestwestern.com.
– Briarwood Inn and Carmel Fireplace Inn, San Carlos Street between 4th & 5th Avenues. Regular rates at these properties are reduced 15 percent for midweek stays and 10 percent for weekend stays. The inns serve a light continental breakfast and provide afternoon port or sherry. For the Briarwood Inn, call 800.999.8788 or visit www.briarwood-inn-carmel.com; for the Fireplace Inn, call 800.634.1300 or visit www.fireplaceinncarmel.com.
– Carmel Country Inn, Dolores Street and 3rd Avenue. A “Celebrate the Season” midweek package includes king studio or deluxe king suite accommodations, plus champagne and chocolates upon arrival. Available through Jan. 31, 2015, not including holidays. Call 800.215.6343 or visit www.carmelcountryinn.com.
– Carmel Oaks Inn, Mission Street and 5th Avenue. The property is offering 10 percent off midweek stays through Dec. 31. To secure discount, reservations must be made by phone by calling 800.266.5547. For more on the inn, visit www.carmeloaksinn.com.
– Cobblestone Inn, Junipero Street between 7th & 8th Avenues. The “Innkeeper’s Special” features a 20 percent discount on all stays. Call 800.833.8836 or visit www.cobblestoneinncarmel.com.
– Inns by the Sea (innsbythesea.com). Guests who book a reservation in advance at any of Inns by the Sea’s five downtown Carmel properties – Candlelight Inn, Carriage House Inn, Dolphin Inn, Svendsgaard’s Inn and Wayside Inn – will save $20 off the best available rate. Call 800.433.4732 or book online and mention or use the promo code “CARMELC.”
– Monte Verde Inn, Monte Verde Street between Ocean and 7th Avenues. Dogs are allowed to stay free for reservations booked between now and Dec. 31. The offer is limited to two dogs. Call 800.328.7707 or visit www.monteverdeinn.com.
I can personally recommend the Horizon Inn and Ocean View Lodge located Junipero Street and 3rd Avenue. These beautiful inns, located next to each other, are offer what they are calling“last-minute specials” for reservations made within seven days of planned stay through Dec. 31, 2014. The Horizon Inn offer beautiful views and a delicious “picnic basket” delivered to your door with breakfast goodies each morning. To see availability and rates, call 800.350.7723. These “Last-minute specials” are not available online. For more information visit www.horizoninncarmel.com.
Events this fall, there are quite a few.
From the 44th Annual Homecrafters Marketplace on November 22, to the Carmel Tree Lighting Ceremony at Devendorf Park and Carmel Plaza on December 5, it’s going to be a big lead up to the holiday season in Carmel.
The Nutcracker also has a three days run at the Sunset Center on Friday, Dec. 12 and Saturday, Dec. 13, 7 p.m.; and Sunday, Dec. 14 at 2 p.m.
Remember these inns and most of the businesses in Carmel are small businesses and give you that personal attention you would expect being in Carmel-by-the-Sea. The Carmel Innkeepers Association works to promote the village’s attractions, events, and beautiful seaside location.
Add it all up and it’s what makes Carmel great. And I haven’t even mentioned all of the great golf.
Walk the white-sand beaches and check out all the meeting venues and lodging properties.
For more information, make sure visit www.carmelcalifornia.com.