Complicated recipes easily deter people from cooking and especially exploring other cuisines. However, not all flavorful recipes have to be this way. Get in touch with the delicous fragrance of Mediterranean cooking by putting together this dry rub (made from spices you likely alrady have in the pantry) for chicken and enjoying it over some Israeli couscous. This recipe below serves four or more.
- 1 tsp ground paprika (not smoked)
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp dried red chili peppers
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 8 oz Israeli couscous
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- Combine all spices together.
- Divide chicken breasts into four equal pieces; flatten with meat pounder to stretch out portions.
- Rub chicken with dry rub and place on baking sheet.
- Bake in oven for 25-30 minutes.
- Prepare couscous according to directions on package.
- (Optional) Mix couscous with a basil pesto vinaigrette for extra flavor.
If you’re interested in checking out more recipes by me, please subscribe above. You will receive instant updates whenever a new recipe goes up. Recipe requests are gladly welcome. Regular posts will include recipes, tips on cooking, restaurants in the Orange County area, and more.
If you wish to follow me on Facebook, you can “like” at www.facebook.com/muchadoaboutfooding and/or become a fan on Twitter at @MuchAdoBlog. Make sure to share the information if you enjoy reading