“The government consists of a gang of men exactly like you and me. They have, taking one with another, no special talent for the business of government; they have only a talent for getting and holding office.Their principal device to that end is to search out groups who pant and pine for something they can’t get and promise to give it to them. Nine times out of ten that promise is worth nothing.The tenth time is made good by looting A to satisfy B. In other words, government is a broker of pillage, and every election is sort of an advance auction sale of stolen goods.” H.L. Mencken, On Politics
The gangs that run Alabama (Republicans and Democrats) have for the most part failed us. There are a few statesmen left but they are outnumbered by the career politicians. The Democrats have ran us into the ground with their social experimentation. The Republicans in Name Only (RINO’s) have nothing very little to correct the problem. They both seem to work hand in hand to maintain the status quo. All the while the citizens of Alabama pay the price and our future generations are left holding the bill.
We the People of Alabama have allowed this abuse of power to continue. We have continued to prop up the ivory towers of their deceit with our silent consent. They lie and lie yet we continue to send them back to Montgomery. Anyone who offers real reform or the preservation of freedom is vilified and demonized. It is time for Alabamians to cowboy up and take back their state. Alabama is in peril and we must answer the call.
John Hill and Katherine Robertson writing for the Alabama Policy Institute in their article Nexus of Cultural Trends and Prison Population revealed the joint failure of both gangs:
- One out of every 148 persons in Alabama (2012) was incarcerated. We are currently at nearly double our prison systems capacity.
- Incarceration nationwide declined by 5% whereas Alabama increased by 2%.
- Alabama carries the torch as one of the highest poverty rates and rates of single parent households. Democrats started the ball rolling and the Republicans have kept it rolling at a slower pace.
- Alabama household income on average is $7,000 lower than the national average, (Most of the South’s jobs were shipped overseas by bi-partisan schemes like NAFTA and other free trade treaties.)
- Only 38% of Alabama children come from a two parent household.
Broken homes and empty wallets courtesy of both the red and blue gangs. We must hold them accountable if they stray from the path and forget who they work for.
Dr. John Hill, Senior Research Analyst for the Alabama Policy Institute in his Op-Ed Cultural Indicators 2014 for Alabama and the U.S. goes even deeper into what is ailing Alabama:
- Alabama in 2011 had the tenth highest rate of births to unwed mothers.
- Alabama has the third highest percentage of low weight births.
- Alabama has the third highest rate of infant mortality.
- Alabama test scores for math and reading have ranked near the bottom for ten years. Now both gangs have colluded to push the Common Core dumbing down standards because square wheels work so well.
- Public education spending has increased 182% from 1960 to 2014. National average was 147% (44% increase).
- Alabama ranked the seventh highest marriage rate and the ninth highest divorce rate.
- Births to unwed mothers in Alabama increased from 11% in 1960 to 43% in 2012.
- Alabama Medicaid recipients have swollen to almost 931,000.
- Alabama Medicare rolls have risen to 19% of the states population.
- Alabama garners the third highest rate of chlamydia and twelfth highest rate of AIDS.
- One out of every five Alabamians receives Food Stamp/SNAP benefits.
- One out of every five Alabamians is a state or local government employee.
The SOS has been issued and the time to answer is now. We cannot dig our way out of a hole. Business as usual must end and we must return to the Constitutional plans of our Founders.
The Alabama Policy Institute’s Policy Brief on the 2015 Alabama State Budget contained alarming news:
- Alabama spent $19.7 billion in FY 2014 of which the Legislature budgeted $7.1 billion from the State General Fund and Education Trust Fund.
- Governor Bentley signed the $7.8 billion FY 2015 (an increase of $256 million or 3.4%) budget on April 11, 2014. This equals a $1,608 bill for every Alabamian.
For far too long Alabamians have stood idly by as our state has been steered towards the slippery slope.Our leadership continues to kick the can to the next generation. Dr. Hill states that remedying our problems in Alabama will be no easy task. He doesn’t see the solution coming via executive orders, legislation, or judicial decrees. It must come from citizen involvement, civility, responsibility, self-control, and God.
First we must wake up, stand up, and speak up for our home. Silence is not golden but is consent for the business usual politics that got us in the mess we are in.
Oh Lord, in the name of Jesus, we pray for Alabama and our nation. We pray in faith and expect it to be done. We ask that you show the sin of our leaders mouths and the words of the oath breakers lips. Your judgement will fall upon those who are not honest, truthful, and meaningful in their oaths of office. Let such men not rule over us. Shelter us from the plans of the deceitful. They dig a pit for us with their lies. May they fall into it. With authority, we call for it to be done. Amen
We Dare Defend Our Rights in Alabama! Do you have the intestinal fortitude (guts) to stand in the gap for your children, grandchildren, and your state. Why stand ye idle, Alabama? Get out and vote this November with heartfelt conviction. Keep their feet to the fire following the election.