While the calendar shows autumn has begun, the weather has yet to cool down here in Ohio; so while fall hides timidly around the corner we will move ahead with enjoying a selection of anticipated fall cocktails.
Autumn is more than the transition from summer to winter, its cup runes over with character: Pumpkin everything, football, sweaters and an important milestone for all of the parents: kids heading back to school.
Below I have some delicious fall cocktails to help you welcome in the cooler weather and flavors of the season featuring Sauza Tequila and SkinnyGirl Vodka.
Cider Tequila Hot Toddy
- 1 part Sauza® Blue Reposado 100% Agave Tequila
- ½ part JDK & Sons™ O3 Premium Orange Liqueur
- 8 parts apple cider
- 2 parts cranberry juice cocktail
- Lime slice (for garnish)
- Dash of cinnamon (optional)
- Dash of nutmeg (optional)
Preparation: In a saucepan heat the apple cider and cranberry juice just until steaming hot (do not let the liquid boil) and remove it from the heat. Stir in Sauza® Blue Reposado and liqueur. You can add a dash of cinnamon or nutmeg if you want a bit more spice. Serve Hot Toddies in mugs, garnished with lime slices.
Hot Pumpkin Spice Tequila
- 1 ½ parts Sauza® Blue Silver 100% Agave Tequila
- ½ part Torani® Pumpkin Spice Syrup
- 3 parts cream
- 1 part sugar
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 6 parts freshly brewed hot coffee
- Whipped Cream and additional cinnamon (for garnish)
Preparation: In a saucepan, combine cream with pumpkin syrup, sugar, vanilla, spices and coffee until hot. Pour into mug, add Sauza® Blue Silver and stir. Top with whipped cream and cinnamon. Enjoy!
Crisp Apple Cooler
- 1 ½ parts Skinnygirl® Bare Naked Vodka
- ¾ part apple juice
- ¼ part agave syrup
- Green apple slice for garnish
Preparation: Stir agave syrup with vodka in the base of a shaker until the agave syrup dissolves. Add apple juice and shake thoroughly with ice. Strain into a cocktail glass. Garnish with a green apple slice.
- 1 part Skinnygirl® Tangerine Vodka
- 3 parts apple juice/cider
- ½ part light rum
- Lemon wedge for garnish
Preparation: Mix ingredients in a shaker, and pour into a chilled martini glass. Garnish with a lemon wedge.