France is coming to town as the Sofitel L.A. at Beverly Hills Hotel becomes a veritable showcase of French food and wines beginning September 29 through October 30, 2014.
The French brand’s flagship west coast property is joining than 120 other Sofitel hotels in a global celebration of French vintners. And it’s open to anyone who loves good wine and food. The month is dedicated to the wine harvest that takes place in the Northern Hemisphere each year, which is a French tradition called “vendanges,” and kicks off with a French “Art de Vivre” “Wine Down Wednesdays,” event—a weekly wine pairing of restaurant menus, wine-based cocktails in the bar, and a culminating
Wine maker dinner. Each day from Monday to Sunday, a Sofitel sommelier will be on hand to guide visitors on a journey through the featured wine-producing regions. Throughout October the hotel will be awash in wine events such as:
Exclusive sampling in the lobby of wines, a tour of some of France’s best known wine
Regions on Oct. 8, 15, 22 and 29) from 5:30 p.m. – 7 p.m., with Sofitel’s Sommelier in the hotel lobby.
- Riviera 31 – Guests may visit the lounge|bar for wine tastings and wine based cocktails from 6:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. ($6-$9 a glass)
- Estérel restaurant, Chef Blin will offer a new weekly menu complementing the wines covering numerous regions and locales beginning on Oct. 5 with Burgundy, then Alsace, Champagne, and closing in the last week with Bordeaux. Some of the wines include Roederer/Maisons Marques, Domaines, USA, Palm Bay/Esprit du Vin, and Trimbach. Menu pairings with the weekly wines feature a diverse offering of appetizers to desserts:
- Burgundy – week of October 5th with a menu of:
Sweet bread bourguignon, pearl onion, button mushroom, brioche
Roasted duck breast, truffle celery puree, Weiser farm fingerling potato, golden parsnip, tiny carrots
Red wine poached pear, pear sorbet, raspberry almond croquant
- Alsace – week of October 12th with menus of:
Seared diver scallops, cannellini beans, shaved heirloom carrots, brussel sprouts leaves, garden coriander
Espelette shrimp white asparagus risotto, ricotta salata, green pea shoot
Warm Laura chenel goat cheese salad, frisee, grapes, fennel, caramelized walnut
- Champagne – week October 19th with food choices such as:
Half dozen California oysters, champagne apple mignonette
Crispy skin Loup de mer, fondant potato leek, tomato concasse, local caviar
Strawberry basil sorbet, almond meringue, hibiscus flower, micro mint, macaroon shell
- Bordeaux – week of October 26th with a menu of:
Roasted marrow bone, chanterelles, garlic puree, persillade toast
Ribeye bone in (for 2), truffle mashed potato, grilled asparagus, bordelaise sauce
California cheese platter, Schloss Marin farm (cow), Bay blue Pointe Reyes farmstead (cow), San Andreas Bellwether farm
(Sheep), roasted red grapes, chocolate macadamia tuiles, honeycomb
The grand finale takes place on Monday, October 27th in Estérel restaurant with a Robert Parker Winemaker’s Dinner.
To book a reservation contact Esterel restaurant at 310-358-3979.To learn more about French wines, sit back and watch the video we so kindly found for you and attached.