Spicy, healthy and hearty turkey burgers are a great and quick weekday meal. Serve them up with a side salad or a heap of a favorite potato chip on the side.
The turkey burgers can be pan-fried, broiled or grilled to perfection. A fresh, soft bun topped with lettuce and a slice of beefsteak tomato make this a great meal.
Spicy Turkey Burgers
- 1 pound ground turkey breast
- 1 egg or 1 egg substitute equivalent
- 1/4 cup dry plain bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon steak sauce like A1 Steak Sauce
- 1 teaspoon spicy brown mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 hamburger or ciabatta rolls, split
- Lettuce leaves and tomato slices
- In a large bowl, mix ground turkey, egg, bread crumbs, steak sauce, mustard thyme and black pepper together.
- Shape mixture into 4 burgers, using cold, wet hands.
- Cook burgers by pan-frying,grilling or broiling until meat is no longer pink.
- Serve on toasted, if desired, buns and top with mayonnaise, lettuce and/or tomato.