As you may know, October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. For this reason, I have decided to dedicate this article to all women who are currently fighting this battle.
When we go through an illness, we get reminded of how important it is to take care of ourselves. I believe our image is a big part of this equation. When you look great, you feel confident and happy and you do incredible things. Fashion and style can be extremely helpful through this process. When you put the right elements together, you can look and feel truly amazing.
Today, I want to share some styling tips that will help with issues you may be going through right now. My goal is to encourage you to look your best while being the amazing warrior you are. We are going to take your look to the next level. Are you ready?
If you want your face to glow:
• Blush and bronzers are your best friends (choose one).
• Use an eyeliner or dark shadow to delineate your eyes.
• Wear lipsticks or lip balms in natural as well as vibrant colors.
• Add mascara for the final touch!
If you currently have short hair or no hair:
• Give movement to your strands with a pomade or curling iron.
• Experiment with hair accessories such as pins and headbands.
• Show off your best pair of earrings or wear a delicate chain with a unique charm (very sexy!)
If you had a mastectomy:
• Experiment with different scarf knots.
• Wear chunky necklaces.
• Wear tops with interesting collars that will bring attention to your neck area.
If you had a double or bilateral mastectomy:
• You may use tops with the following (not all at once please!): high necklines, ruffles, bows or lace.
• You can use double shirts or tanks, as well as vests and jackets.
• Wear feminine blouses with interesting buttons, collars and thick stitching.
If you have recently lost weight, get ready to break some style rules to enhance your figure:
• Wear horizontal stripes.
• Sport bright colors instead of darks.
• Use skinny jeans.
• Wear peplum dresses and tops.
• Wear thick fabrics.
State of Mind
On a blue day, remember to:
• Take a class and learn about a subject you like such as cooking, gardening, etc.
• Start a new project like reading a book, open an online group or club or organize your closet or desk.
• Take a walk in the park, the beach or your neighborhood. A few minutes with nature can do wonders!
• Wear a smile. This will make you feel better right away. You can try it now. Look at the mirror and smile (even if you don’t feel like it). You will feel happy inside immediately.
If you have any questions or comments, please share with us at email@example.com or visit www.gitanastyling.com