There is a whole lot of pumpkin going on in November and local gluten-free bakeries are getting in on the action with pies, cookies, cupcakes, breads, and more. Chances are there will be someone on the gluten-free diet at your Thanksgiving table, so let Atlanta’s gluten-free bakeries erase added baking stress.
All of the bakeries listed below produce their gluten-free goodies in dedicated environments, so cross contact isn’t an issue. In addition to being free of gluten, many of these bakeries offer goodies that are free of dairy, soy, nuts, and eggs. Contact the bakeries directly to place orders and with questions about ingredients, cost, etc.
2B Whole Gluten-Free European Bakery – is now accepting orders for four flavors of gluten-free and Paleo 9″ Thanksgiving Pies. The last day to order is Monday, November 24 and all pies must be picked up no later than 2:00 p.m. on Wednesday, November 26. Place an order by calling 470-395-5248 or email them at:gf@2Bwhole.net
- Apple Streusel – $27
- Pumpkin – $27
- Pecan – $30
- Sweet Potato – $27
- Paleo Apple Streusel – $35
- Paleo Pumpkin – $35
- Paleo Pecan – $40
- Paleo Sweet Potato – $35
American Gra-Frutti – is offering Fruit Cake Cookies in gift tins (7 oz. – 14 oz.), It’s NOT Fruit Cake in Traditional and with Sherry and Brandy (1 lb. or 2 lb. cakes). Gift tins of fruit cake cookies, snack mixes, and cheese straws can also be purchased. Place orders by Friday 11-21 for Wednesday 11-26 pickup by calling the bakery directly at 770-587-5874.
Gluten Free Cutie – is accepting pre-orders for their expanded Thanksgiving menu that includes biscuits, cookies, corn muffins, pies, scones, sweet breads, garlic knots, dinner rolls, sweet bread loaves, sides, stuffing, and macaroni and cheese. On their website, each item notes whether it is free of additional allergens:
- Pies 9″ – Pumpkin, Apple Crumb, and Chocolate Cream
- Sweet Bread Loaves – Apple Harvest, Cinnamon Streusel, and Pumpkin
- Breads – sold in four packs: Bread sticks, Garlic Knots, Dinner Rolls (take and bake), Biscuits (regular and vegan)
- Scones – Blueberry and Cranberry Orange scones sold in four packs
- Sweets – cinnamon rolls (take and bake), doughnuts, cupcakes, and shaped sugar cookies
- Cornbread – Sweet and Hot South cornbread sold in four packs
- Sides – Green Bean Casserole, Hash Brown Casserole, Herb Stuffing, and Macaroni and cheese (dairy free and regular)
Good Karma Coffee House – is offering a number of seasonal items. The freezer at the front of the store will be stocked with: dressing, squash casserole, and mac-n-cheese. Special orders for graham cracker crust, apple pie, quiche, and gravy can be made by calling them direct at: 404-499-0999.
Mama Bakes Safe Cakes – is celebrating Thanksgiving with Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes, Pumpkin Cookies, and Pumpkin Donuts. All of their products are free of the top eight allergens:gluten/wheat, dairy/casein, soy, eggs, nuts, fish, and shellfish.
Sally’s Gluten Free Bakery – has created a special Thanksgiving menu full of sweets and breads that will be available through Wednesday, November 26 by special order. Orders can be picked up at both locations, so be sure to specify a preference. All of their products are gluten free, so to determine if they are free of any additional allergens, please use this chart: SF = Soy Free / DF = Dairy Free / EF = Egg Free
- Cinnamon Pecan Coffee Cake – 8″ $16.99 (SF, DF)
- Hummingbird Cake – 8″ $16.99 (SF, DF, EF)
- Cornbread Muffins – 4 pack for $6.99 – (SF)
- Pies – Dutch Apple, Pecan, and Pumpkin Pie – 9″ $16.99 – $17.99 (SF)
- Yeast Dinner Rolls – 6 pack $6.99 (SF, DF, EF)
Do you bake from scratch, or rely on goodies from bakeries?