Everyone loves everything pumpkin this time of year. This luscious pumpkin cake is not only the easiest pumpkin cake you will ever make, it is also delicious. Follow the directions step-by-step for a great seasonal (or anytime of the year) dessert.
This is a really indulgent dessert but so easy to make.
The Easiest Pumpkin Cake You Will Ever Make
- 1 box (18.25 ounces) yellow cake mix
- 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin pie filling (not just plain canned pumpkin)
- 1 heaping teaspoon pumpkin pie spice*
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- Whipped topping like Cool Whip or make your own**
- Cake garnishes like chocolate shavings, Heath bar bits, caramel sauce (ice cream topping style)
- In a medium bowl, whisk together cake mix and pumpkin pie spice until blended and no lumps remain in the cake mix.
- Stir in canned pumpkin.
- Spoon batter into greased (PAM works well) 9 x 13 baking pan or smaller if you want the cake to be thicker in size.
- Bake in 350° oven for 30 minutes or for time adjusted to different pan size.
- Cool cake completely in pan.
- Using the handle end of a wooden spoon, poke holes all over the top of the cake. Pour entire can of sweetened condensed milk over top of cake being sure to fill the holes. Spread excess sweetened condensed milk evenly over the top of the cake.
- Allow cake to chill for at least one hour in the fridge before serving.
- Once cool, frost cake with whipped topping and return to fridge until ready to serve.
- Garnish cake just before serving.
Leftovers should be refrigerated.
Serves 10 to 12.
*Combine equal parts of cinnamon, ginger, allspice and nutmeg to make your own pumpkin pie spice.
**Whipped topping can be made by whipping 1 pint of whipping cream with 1/2 cup confectioner’s sugar on medium high speed for about 5 minutes.