You won’t want to miss the 2014 Garden State Cat Show & Expo. Once again, cat lovers from all over the country will meet at the Garden State Exhibit Center in Somerset, New Jersey, to celebrate feline friends. The event is scheduled for July 19-20, 2014 from 10 a.m.-4 p.m each day.
This year marks the 78th event hosted by the Garden State Cat Club of New Jersey, Inc. The event is expected to draw more than 3,000 attendees from the New York-New Jersey metro area and exhibitors from throughout the country and abroad.
The club is honored to have been selected to host the 2014 International Ragdoll Congress during the event. The Congress is only held in the United States every four years. Ragdoll cats and breeders from all over the world will be in attendance.
This is the major fundraiser for the not-for-profit Garden State Cat Club of New Jersey. Proceeds from the show will benefit New Jersey animal shelters, disaster relief efforts and feline health studies.
Brenda Flahault, past president of the Garden State Cat Club, had this to say in the club’s recent press release:
“We invite you to spend a few hours to get out of the summer heat for a good cause. The show has so much variety that animal lovers could spend all day here. There’s truly something for everybody.”
Following is what’s in store for event attendees:
- The Cat Fanciers’ Association (CFA) Cat Show is one of the two largest cat shows in the country and the largest on the East Coast. Over 400 pedigreed cats, household pets and shelter cats will compete for rosettes. Many of the winners go on to be regional and national winners.
- Pet CPR and First Aid demonstrations
- A Feline Agility competition is open to both household and pedigreed cats.
- Cats in Cars features adorable kitties driving their own little vehicles around the event hall.
- CFA Judge Iris Zink will present a breed showcase and enlighten the audience with information on each breed’s unique personality and distinguishing characteristics.
- Seminars and special presentations include How to Select a Pet Sitter; Feline Grooming; Traveling with your Cat; and more. You also will be able to “Ask the Vet” your questions and watch a performing cat.
- The Meow Mall will showcase unique products including a huge selection of cat trees, toys, grooming supplies, litter, food, and cat-themed gifts.
Tickets are $10 for adults, $8 for seniors and $5 for children under 12. Children in strollers are admitted free of charge. There is a family rate of $25. Find a coupon on the club’s website for discounts which include up to four people and a maximum of two adults.
The Garden State Cat Club (GSCC) is the third oldest cat club affiliated with the Cat Fancier’s Association (CFA). The GSCC of New Jersey is a registered 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization dedicated to the welfare of all cats. Your donation is tax-deductible as defined by IRS. Learn more on the club’s website. Those interested in membership can also visit the membership page.
Subscribe to be alerted when more articles are published; your email address will not be shared.
Email info@GeminiUniversal.com if you have comments or a story you would like me to share. I currently write as NJ Animal Rescue Examiner, National Cats Examiner, National Pet Health Examiner, and National General Pets Examiner. Follow me on Twitter and visit us on Facebook for news and updates. Join our Circle at Google+