There is a popular expression: “Looking for a job is the full time job.” There is another one also: “Job search is an art.”
In order to be successful in this process, you need to be at the right time in the right place. In other words, the greater the amount of information you can let through, the greater is the likelihood that you will be where you need to be and when you need to be. It is clear that this principle always works this way but nowadays it is particularly relevant. And we’ll explain why. People are looking for an employee who corresponds exactly to the workplace to which they aspire. For example, they are searching here for CNS jobs. And they can often spend up to six months or more to find the right position.
The next parameter according to which the selection of candidates takes place is the presence or absence of particular experience. As a rule, several attemps is enough to get the desired job. I do not mean any job. We are talking about the work that person is able to do for a long time and has been appropriately trained for this.
While searching for a job via the Internet you need to decide:
- What work is to look for, what you can claim – precise positioning of yourself in the labor market (the name of the job that may be suitable).
- The exact list of what traits and skills you possess and whether they are valuable in a particular setting. Assess the prospects for the development of your activities range and determine what you need to learn more.
- Where these jobs can be, in what industries.
- Determine: what an employer wants to see in his potential employee, what qualities are paramount, what are not. You need to rank them. In general, you need to say what they are expected to hear.
- Master the technology of job search:
- Writing a resume
- Writing cover letters
- Writing letters of appreciation
- Fill out the questionnaire related to a vacancy announcement
- The passage of the interview
- The ability to use all available media to get the information exactly about the vacancies you are interested in
- The ability to negotiate on the phone with agencies who are looking for workers, people who can make a recommendation, workers of HR departments and managers who can decide on the employment
- The ability to maintain a record of all negotiations, sent a resume and take records of the companies where they are sent.
Note: Ideally, you need to send a resume to each company or agency that fits as close as possible the vacant post. That is, it is necessary to rewrite a resume every time, to make emphasis on the right skills or experience.
6 Find out where and how to get the experience.
If you are ready to fulfil all the steps offered here, you are ready to visit the site JobTonic in your job hunting adventure.