While fruits and meats are not usually the best combinations in a recipe, pork chops and apples are the overwhelming exception and a three ingredient recipe doesn’t get much better than this. These flavors complement each other so well that there isn’t even a need to reach for any spices; just top with stuffing mix and bake.
Apple and pork chops baked with stuffing
- 1 box (6 oz.) Stuffing Mix (your choice on the flavor)
- 1 can (21 oz.) apple pie filling (or frozen apple pie mix, thawed)
- 6 boneless pork chops (1-1/2 lb.), 3/4 inch thick
- Heat oven to 375ºF.
- Prepare stuffing as directed on package.
- Spread pie filling onto bottom of 13×9-inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray; top with chops and stuffing. Cover.
- Bake 35 min. or until chops are done, uncovering for the last 5 min. Remove baking dish from oven; let chops stand 3 min. before serving.
- Stuffing mixes come in a variety of flavors and you can rarely go wrong. Chicken flavor is usually a safe bet, even with pork chops
- Apple is the fruit of choice for this examiner; however you and your family may prefer peaches or even pears. Make it your own with whatever fruit your family would love
Apple pork chops baked with stuffing is an easy meal with only three ingredients. How can you go wrong? Make a special dinner tonight and surprise your family with this scrumptious new meal.