Did you know? The Baltimore Book Festival debuts in the Inner Harbor location this weekend. There is great weather forecasted along side an informative & fun line-up of authors and events, look forward to a spectacular festival!
FYI: The Baltimore Book Festival is currently in urgent need for volunteers this Friday, September 26, 2014. They are seeking support for Children’s Crafts Corridor Assistants, Guest Services Assistants, Bike Valet Assistants and Word With Strangers Game Assistants. If you are not available to volunteer, please pass this opportunity along to friends and family! As a thank you, each volunteer will receive FREE parking, beverages, snacks and an official Baltimore Book Festival t-shirt!
Did you know? Each Saturday, the Bromo Seltzer Arts Tower hosts Open Studio Days from 11a.m. to4p.m. Volunteers are needed to greet visitors to the historic tower when residents open their studios to the public to view and purchase their artworks. Opportunities are now available through December, 2014.
To volunteer for the Baltimore Book Festival or Bromo Seltzer Arts Tower, click here to create a profile or update a exisitng profile (particularly your preferred phone number and emergency contact information) and then to create your volunteer activity schedule by selecting activities and shifts to which you can commit. Here is a step-by-step guide for doing so:
- Log in here (email bopavolunteer@PROMOTIONandARTS.org if you have forgotten your username and/or password)
- Click the “Sign-Up” tab
- Click on the volunteer job you are interested in
- You will see the job description, under which is a listing of all the shift times. To the right of the times is a column of boxes labeled “Sign Up.” Click the box(es) next to the shift(s) you want.
- Click “Save.” The page will refresh and you will see the word “Confirm” next to the shift you signed up for.
- If you are SURE that you can do the shift, click “Confirm.” You will get a pop-up box asking if you would like to confirm. Click “Confirm” again.
If you are interested in volunteer opportunities from outside organizations, please see the additional activity listed below:
- Be a part of the first Baltimore RecFest on October 4, 2014 at Patterson Park. See it happen, make it happen! See time slots available by going to the online volunteer registration form (Baltimore 2014 Rec Fest Volunteer Registration).
For more information, please visit the Rec Fest website here or contact the Volunteer Coordinator, Stephanie Yanovitz via e-mail email@example.com or phone 240-204-0353.