This weekend was the slowest one at the box office in two years. Really though, it’s no surprise; the box office has been slow the fast few weeks even with new movies hitting theaters, and with no new nationwide releases this weekend, there really wasn’t anything to draw audiences to theaters. The limited release “The Identical”, a film about twin boys unknowingly separated at birth—and loosely inspired by Elvis Presley—opened in eleventh with $1.9 million.
“Guardians of the Galaxy” was number one yet again with $10.1 million. It has been the number one movie at the box office for four weekends total now, a record held by only a few other films. “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles” also stayed in second with $6.5 million.
Altogether, this weekend’s movies altogether grossed a measly $54 million.
The complete list of the top 12 movies at the box office this weekend is below. Click the links to read my full review of each film.
1. “Guardians of the Galaxy”: $10.1 million
2. “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles”: $6.5 million
3. “If I Stay”: $5.7 million
4. “Let’s Be Cops”: $5.4 million
5. “The November Man”: $4.2 million
6. “As Above, So Below”: $3.72 million
7. “When the Game Stands Tall”: $3.7 million
8. “The Giver”: $3.5 million
9. “The Hundred-Foot Journey”: $3.2 million
10. “Lucy”: $1.95 million
11. “The Identical”: $1.9 million
12. “The Expendables 3”: $1.8 million
Check out showtimes for these movies and more at the following St. Louis-area theaters.
- Wehrenberg Theatres
- AMC Theatres
- Regal Movie Theatres
- Galleria 6
- Chase Park Plaza
- Granite City
- Moolah Theatre
- Hi-Pointe Theatre
- St. Andrews Cinema
- Plaza Frontenac Cinema
- Tivoli Theatre
For more info, visit Box Office Mojo, or feel free to email me. For updates on my latest articles, click the subscribe button at the top of this page. You can also follow me on the following websites: