Whatsapp is an internet mediated software, used primarily for communication. It was founded in the year 2009 by two former employees of Yahoo. This software has played its role in changing the meaning of connectivity by making it a lot easier to handle and operate. This luxury has made Whatsapp “the most used messaging app” universally. The practice of this app has shown mushroom growth since past 2-3 years. According to the surveys till now, watsapp holds the title of the most popular messaging app with a count of over 600 million users across the globe.
Now that WhatsApp has been introduced on PC, it can help you stay connected with your friends and family wherever you want, even when you are not using your phone. In situations, such as while working on your laptop or you are charging your phone, you can simply communicate with your contacts on WhatsApp from your PC or laptop.
Pros of WhatsApp on PC:
WhatsApp holds many exciting features in addition to immediate functioning, which make it even more alluring for the users. Some of the exciting advantages of WhatsApp for PC are:
• Broadcast Message on WhatsApp: In case of urgency, if a message is to be delivered to more than 1 person, a single message can be easily sent to many people swiftly without consumption of additional time.
• Status on WhatsApp: To make the app more personalized, WhatsApp Status is a great option. On PC version, the status can be changed more swiftly and easily. You can log on to www.iwhatsappstatus.com to find cool statuses and set one for yourself that shows the kind of person you are.
• Cost: Pay as low as $1 for a whole year of most enjoyable connectivity and communication experience.
• Profile Picture: Change your profile picture on WhatsApp in almost no time.
• File Transfer: With WhatsApp on PC, the sharing of music, images and videos has been made as easier as it could possibly get.
A Few Cons:
Even the best of the greatest stuff has some cons, which can’t really be avoided in the initial version of anything. These cons are found and taken care of as the product gets a usage. Some cons of WhatsApp for PC are:
• Not Absolutely Free: Initially introduced as Free, the app isn’t absolutely free, one does have to pay $1 a year to enjoy the experience.
• Privacy Concerns: Anyone can easily see your details just by having your contact number. Moreover, people can see your profile picture even if they don’t have your contact number. This should have at least been fixed in the PC version.
• Group Conversation: You can’t add more than 50 contacts in a group.
• Irritating at Times: When downloaded on PC, this app can become an obstacle in copying the official work with various messages pouring in. For this, it can sometimes cause irritation.
• Inability to call: As most messengers and social media apps are offering the calling feature, ability to make a free call through WhatsApp is often missed.