If you’re looking to dine al fresco in the Queen City, a food truck rally is right up your alley! The round-up of trucks can be found in and around the city on any given day, whether it be lunch on Wednesday, after-work fun on Thursday, or dinner on Friday, we’ve got the scoop on Charlotte’s food truck scene.
If you’re short on time or just want to grab a quick bite to eat close to the office in South Park, head out to South Park Eats Alternative for the only gathering of food trucks in the area. Every Wednesday a variety of food trucks will be at Fairview Plaza with plenty of FREE parking, and easy walking access. It’s the perfect way to enjoy gourmet cuisine on the go at Fairview Plaza located at 5960 Fairview Road, from 11:00am – 2:00pm.
Grab some friends after work and head to the NoDa Alley Rally for the “mother-trucker of all food rallies,” held every Thursday from 6pm – 9pm (so no real competition for South End’s Food Truck Fridays.) This rally features local food trucks, craft beers from local breweries and live entertainment and takes place at the corner of 15th and North Davidson streets.
Every Friday beginning at 5:30pm, you can find the trucks rounded up at Camden Lunch lot (across from Phat Burrito) for Food Truck Friday, offering different styles of cuisine. Trucks will change from week to week depending on availability. As an added bonus, beer and wine is available from The Common Market or Phat Burrito and may be consumed on the lot but not taken off property.
Here are some basic guidelines to make your Food Truck Friday visit more enjoyable:
1) Please make certain to bring a blanket or bag chairs as seating is limited and goes quickly.
2) Trash bags are located around the perimeter or the Food Truck lot. Please help by putting your trash in these bags or in the container at the corner of Camden and Park Ave. Please do not put trash in any roll out container, especially the ones towards the back of the lot or at Common Market. Please just use our bags.
3) Recycling of cans and bottles is available in the Blue Roll Out container located on the Camden Rd side of the lot and also in the branded South End cans at the corner of Park and Camden. Please help recycle and it’s only bottles and cans.
4) Beer and wine can be purchased at Common Market or Phat Burrito, brought unopened to the Food Truck lot and consumed on the lot. You may not leave the lot with an open container.
5) Please do not take food purchased from the Food Trucks to eat in either Common Market or Phat Burrito. Those seats are only available for Common Market and Phat Burrito’s customers.
For even more information, check out this article and video on Food Truck Friday.