Winston-Salem has been home to a variety of films from the comedy Are You Here starring Owen Wilson, Zach Galifianakis & Amy Poehler to drama Wesley starring Burgess Jenkins. Now Winston Salem will get not only another film but one that will really pay tribute to the city. LA Director Zach Brown, who is originally from Winston-Salem, wants to make sure the city actually plays a real role in his upcoming movie The Moleskin Diary.
One way this will be done is showcasing local businesses & restaurants first hand in the movie. Local restaurants, cafes, theaters and stores will have an opportunity to have optimal product placement in the movie. This type of marketing normally costs a hefty fee but Brown is willing to do it in exchange for a free location shoot for the movie. So if you are a local business owner and want to be a part of this amazing marketing opportunity please send an email to email@example.com.
Additionally, Winston-Salem will almost be a character in the movie. Brown states, “Being from Winston-Salem the city means a lot to me so I really want to have it manifest as its own sort of character in the movie, from showing local restaurants to actually mentioning the city’s name & fun facts in the film”. Below is a piece of the script in the movie that does just that.
…and the reason they call it Twin City is because of the hyphenated name. They named a city after my great, great, great, great uncle, local revolutionary war hero Joseph Winston. Then it merged with Old Salem. Boom. Winston-Salem. Twin City. So, technically, this city is partially named after me.
Still telling that story I see.
Stories are crafted fiction specialized for people’s entertainment. I’m just stating common facts.
Synopsis & Cast:
Not only is it great for the movie to be filmed in Winston-Salem but it’s truly an inspiring story. It centers on main character Adrian who grew up as an orphan with his sister. As an adult he becomes a famous photographer living a party animal lifestyle with his girlfriend Liz. His life gets turned upside down after the unexpected death of his sister. He must sacrifice life as he knows it in order to keep his 9-year old niece Maddy out of a children’s home.
Adrian & Sophie have recently been re-cast with two very popular TV actors whose names will be announced closer to the film’s start date.
British Actor Jack Turner will be playing Steve. Turner starred in The 10 Year Plan which recently premiered at the University of North Carolina School of the Arts (UNCSA) here in Winston Salem.
Liz will be played by Julia Voth from the Canadian sitcom Package Deal.
Hannah Stock & Elliot Sancrant are cast for the two leading children roles of Maddy and Skip. Scranton is the first local hire in the movie.
Quick & Fun Facts on The Moleskin Diary:
- 10% of all profits will go towards a charity to help orphaned children
- Most of the music for the film will by LA band Cable Car and one of the band members is The Moleskin Diary’s very own actor Jack Turner. Check them out at www.wearcablecar.com, Facebook, Instagram or watch some videos on You Tube
- With the exception of the main actors listed above almost all supporting cast and crew members will be hired from the Winston Salem area closer to the movies start date in the Spring of 2015.
- Winston-Salem Mayor Allen Joines commented on this film coming to the area, “The film industry is a very important part of Winston-Salem economic recovery. These films result in significant spending in our local economy and help to create jobs. Winston Salem is very honored to have this new film, The Moleskin Diary, being shot here in our community.”
- Brown recently released a documentary titled The Mountain Man which is now available to the public. Learn more and rent it today at www.themountainmanmovie.com
- While over half of the budget is raised from Hollywood investors Brown would love to let Winston-Salem citizens be a part of the film by investing as well. For more information on investing in The Moleskin Diary email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keep up to date on the movie by ‘liking’ The Moleskin Diary Facebook page and be on the lookout for this phenomenal film to be shot here in Winston-Salem next year!