Beatles on tour:
- Paul McCartney Out There! Tour: The tour resumes Sept. 28 at Petco Park in San Diego. (Tickets for U.S. shows available here and here. )
- Ringo Starr and His All-Starr Band tour: Resumes Oct. 2 in Tulsa, Okla. Tickets are available here.
- “Good Ol’ Freda” is now out on DVD and Blu-ray and is also streaming on Netflix. Screening information at the film website athttp://www.goodolfreda.com .
- “A Hard Day’s Night”, remastered, is now back on DVD. It’ll be in theaters starting July 4. See the list of theaters athttp://janusfilms.com/harddaysnight/.
Beatles guided tours
- New York by Susan Ratisher Ryan, Fab 4 NYC Walking Tours,. Website: http://www.fab4nyctours.wordpress.com/.
- Los Angeles by Gillian Lomax’s A Magical History Tour. Website: http://www.amagicalhistorytour.com.
- Liverpool by Jackie Spencer. Website: http://www.beatleguide.com.
- London walking tours by Richard Porter: http://www.beatlesinlondon.com.
- The Beatles LOVE, Cirque du Soleil, Mirage Hotel, Las Vegas. Performances: Thursdays through Mondays at 7:00 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. No performances on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Tickets: http://www.dpbolvw.net/click-3589362-10881223
- 1964: The Tribute: Sept. 26: Charleston, South Carolina. Sept. 27: New Orleans. Info: http://www.1964thetribute.com.
- The Fab Four: Sept. 24: Bakersfield, California. Sept. 26: Columbus, Missouri. Sept. 27: Kansas City, Missouri. Oct. 3: Calgary, Alberta, Canada. More info: http://www.thefabfour.com.
- Rain: Jan. 21, 2015: Tacoma, Washington. Info: http://www.raintribute.com.
- Laurence Juber: Oct. 2: Sherman Oaks, California. Oct. 6: New York, New York. Oct. 9: Carlsbad, California. Oct. 10-12: Fest for Beatles Fans, Los Angeles. More info: http://www.laurencejuber.com.
- Britain’s Finest: Nov. 15: Lake Elsinore, California. Info: http://www.beatlestributeband.net.
- Creme Tangerine: Oct. 25: Bellevue, Washington. Nov. 14: Issaquah, Washington. Nov. 15: Seattle, Washington. http://www.cremetangerine.com/show-times/ .
- The Fab Faux: Oct. 18: New York City. Nov. 1: Bridgeport, Connecticut. Nov. 8: Hopewell, Virginia. More info: www.thefabfaux.com.
- Liverpool Legends (with Louise Harrison): Sept. 23-30, Oct. 1-23: Branson, Missouri. http://liverpoollegends.com/calendar.html
- Forever Fab, Pacific Beach Hotel, Waikiki Beach. 7 p.m. Monday through Friday. Info: http://www.foureverfabshow.com/tickets.htm
- Bootleg Beatles: August and September: Shows in UK, Europe. October: Russia. November, December: UK, Europe. January: Denmark. http://www.bootlegbeatles.com/gigs.html
- Beatles Brunch, 12 p.m. Saturday, B.B. King’s, New York City.
- “Made In Liverpool Sunday Show,” Beatles tribute, 14:30 London time, The Cavern Club, Liverpool. Information: http://www.cavernclub.org
- “The Two of Us Monday Show,” weekly tribute to Lennon & McCartney, 18:00 Mondays, the Cavern Club, Liverpool. Information: http://www.cavernclub.org.
- “Saturday With the Beatles,” weekly Beatles tribute show with the Cavern Club Beatles, 8:30 p.m. Saturday, The Cavern Club, Liverpool. Information: Information: http://www.cavernclub.org.
- Beatleshow, 5:30 p.m. nightly, Saxe Theater, Las Vegas.
- Beatles Japanese box set (http://amzn.to/1lZ4Klc), from Amazon.com.
- Beatles vinyl box 9/9/14 http://amzn.to/1p0ZShs
- “Working Class Hero,” Lennon tribute show, the Rhythm Room, Phoenix, Arizona, on Oct. 9 and Wild Horse Pass Hotel and Casino, Chandler, Ariz., Oct 11th.
- Fest for Beatles Fans, Oct. 10-12, 2014, Airport Marriott, Los Angeles. Information: http://www.thefest.com.
- An Evening for the Station, featuring a BEATLES/BASH by MUSE/IQUE. Wednesday, October 29, 2014 Noor, Pasadena. Doors open at 6 p.m., begins at 7:15 p.m. Proceeds help men, women and children rebuild their lives. Show will feature Maestra Rachael Worby and other artists. To buy tickets, go to http://unionstationhs.org/event/efts-beatles/
- To Sir With Love, Paul McCartney tribute, Oct. 24-26, 28, Galt House Hotel and Belvedere Festival Park, Louisville, Kentucky.
- The Art of John Lennon: Website: http://www.lennonart.com/
- The Artwork of John Lennon: Website: http://johnlennonartwork.com/
- Oct. 1, 1964: “A Hard Day’s Night” is screened in Czechoslovakia, first screening of the film behind the Iron Curtain.
- Oct. 1, 1964: Vee-Jay Records issued “Beatles Vs. the Four Seasons.”
Beatles chart news:
In the Sept. 27 Billboard charts, the Beatles in Mono vinyl box is at #5 on the Vinyl Albums chart..
50 years ago this week on the British charts:
- Singles: On the chart of 9-26-64: Beatles’ “A Hard Day’s Night” #19. “Call Up the Groups” by the Barron Knights (Beatles mention) #36. “I Should Have Known Better” by the Naturals is #31.
- Albums: “A Hard Day’s Night” #1. “With the Beatles” #10.
50 years ago on the American charts:
- Singles from 9-26-64 in Top 25: “A Hard Day’s Night” #19. “Matchbox” #23.
Last week’s best Beatles stories:
- Author breaks down living the epic Beatles experience perfectly in ‘Beatleness’
- Beatles news: Spanish film about search for John Lennon will compete for Oscar
- ‘4: John Paul George Ringo’: Beatles releases free iTunes EP of solo music
- Beatles news: TBS releases bonus Dhani Harrison video of his dad’s song to web
- L.A Fest for Beatles Fan will feature Sullivan show relic, early contract
- Ringo Starr and his All-Starrs rock on International Day of Peace
- George Harrison ‘Apple Years’ a beautiful tribute, but could have been more
- Ringo Starr Apple Records box set could happen, he says; new album in the works
- “Things We Said Today”: Each week, myself and Ken Michaels of “Every Little Thing” discuss the latest Beatles news topics. On the latest show on Fab4Radio.com this weekend and on iTunes and Podbean.com, we review the new EP “4: John, Paul, George and Ringo” and the latest Beatles news. “Things We Said Today” is available on iTunes (where you can subscribe to us) and Podbean.com, and can be heard at noon ET/9 a.m. PT Saturday and noon ET/9 p.m. PT and midnight ET/9 p.m. PT Sundays on Fab4Radio.com. You can write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- “Every Little Thing”: Featured: Different songwriting collaborations from the Beatles’ group/
- solo years. The show airs Wednesday 8-10pm (est) on 88.7 WNHU, West Haven, CT and can be streamed at www.wnhu.net. More information at www.kenmichaelsradio.com.
- “Chris Carter’s Breakfast With the Beatles”: Featured: “George Harrison: Apple Years” box set. On KLOS-FM (95.5) 9 a.m. to noon PT Sunday. Website.
- “Chris Carter’s ‘British Invasion’: Three-hour weekly show on Sirius/XM Ch. 21 at 9 a.m. and midnight ET Sunday.
- “Dennis Mitchell’s Breakfast With the Beatles”: Frank Allen of the Serachers, Beatles acetates. Show website: http://www.beatlesradioshow.com.
- “Breakfast With the Beatles With Andre Gardner”: Airs from 7-9 a.m. on WMGK/Philadelphia (102.9) and KSLX/Phoenix FM (100.7)
- “Fab 4 Free 4 All”: Latest show: “101: “Some Fun Tonight” with Chuck Gunderson.” Available on iTunes and at www.Fab4Free4all.com.
- “Beatle Brunch”: Website: http://www.beatlebrunch.com.
- “The John Lennon Hour”: 8 p.m. ET Sunday at Beatles-A-Rama. Available through iTunes. Website: http://www.johnlennonseries.com/radio_home.html.
- “Magical Mystery Tour”: Two-hour weekly show hosted by James D. Jones with Beatles and solo music. Sundays at 3 p.m. CST on WKCC-FM (91.1), Kankakee Community College, Kanakee, Ill. Website: http://www.kcc.edu/radio/programs/Pages/mysterytour.aspx or http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.kcc.edu%2Fradio%2FPages… Also on the Chicago Radioland Radio and Media website at http://chicagoradioandmedia.com/news/6800-the-magical-mystery-tour-podca… . Also just added to Fab4Radio.com.
- “Recipe Records”: Weekly podcast by Lanea Stagg that features food and music discussion, and often Beatles discussion. Episodes have featured Jim Berkenstadt, author of “The Beatle Who Vanished”; David Bedford, author of “Liddypool: Birthplace of the Beatles”; Al Sussman of Beatlefan; Beatles Examiner Stan (aka me); John Lennon Series author Jude Southerland Kessler, and Pat Matthews of Beatles-a-Rama. All shows are here: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/recipe-records-cookbook.
- “The Beatledd Fab Four Hour”: The show, hosted by Edd Raineri, airs live each Friday, 7-8 PM EDT, on WRKC-FM in Wilkes-Barre, PA. You can listen live online at: http://wrkc.kings.edu. The program’s Facebook page can be found at: www.facebook.com/beatleddfabfourhour. .
- “I’ve Got a Beatles Podcast”: “What About Ed?” Information: http://ivegotabeatlespodcast.podbean.com/
- Breakfast With The Beatles hosted by Cha-Chi Loprete: 8 a.m. ET Sundays, WZLX-FM (100.7 FM) in Boston or streaming at www.WZLX.com (Click on Listen Live).
- “Saturday With the Beatles,” KCSN, 88.5 FM Northridge, CA at 10 am Pacific, 12 noon Eastern, and 6 p.m. London time. http://www.kcsn.org/listen/index.php
- “Breakfast With the Beatles”: 8 to 10 a.m. CT Sundays, WXRT in Chicago. Also streamed at http://wxrt.cbslocal.com/show/breakfast-with-the-beatles/.
- “Now and Then”: An hour of the Beatles at 8 p.m. ET Monday. The station’s frequency is 88.9 FM and is located in the Philadelphia, PA/Southern NJ market. Available online at http://www.Z889.org.
- “Here There and Everywhere”: 6 to 9 a.m. PT Thursdays, KZSC-FM. Hosted by Michael Bryant. You can listen here.
- “On the Beat”: Excellent show hosted by Beatles author Spencer Leigh on BBC Radio Merseyside. Not primarily a Beatles show, but a lot of the discussion focuses on the Liverpool music scene in the ’60s, often with those who were there. Airs Saturdays at 17:30 (5:30 p.m.) in the UK and archived online for a week after at http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p001d7sj.
- “ The Beatles Show with Casey Piotrowski” airs every Sunday on radio stations throughout the country.
- “Sounds of the Sixties”: Brian Matthews, who interviewed the Beatles on the BBC in the ’60s, hosts this weekly show featuring music by the Beatles and others from that decade. Programs air Saturdays and stay online for a week at http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006wqlv.
- “Beatlesongs”: Hosted by Rob Leonard airs 8 p.m. – 11 p.m. ET Friday on 90.3 FM WHPC and streaming at www.ncc.edu/whpc.
- “Breakfast With the Beatles With Andre Gardner”: The show airs from 7 to 9 a.m. ET Sundays on WMGK-FM 102.9 and 7-9 a.m. PT on KSLX-FM 100.7 in Phoenix.
- “The Beatles Complete on Ukelele”: Weekly show featuring new version of Beatle song played on ukelele. Information: http://www.podbean.com/podcast-detail?pid=51729
- “Just Four Guys”: New shows available at 4 p.m. ET Tuesdays at www.mvyradio.com.
- “Beatles Brunch” with Geoff Lloyd: Weekly Beatles show on Absolute Radio in the UK . Airs at 2200 GMT (6 p.m. ET/3 p.m. PT).
- “Dinner Specials With May Pang and Cynthia Nielsen”: More info: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/maypang.
- “Beatle Ahora”: Airs 6 p.m. Sunday CT from Puebla Mexico. Listen here:
- “Mid-Evening With the Beatles,” from the Philippines, 5 to 9 a.m. Saturday morning Eastern time, at their website http://www.pbs.gov.ph/dzsr.
- “Anna’s Beatle Hour”: Hour show hosted by Anna Frawley with music of Beatles group and solo years. From Poland, but in English. Available weekly at noon ET on Fridays at the show’s Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/Annabeatlehouronradiownet?fref=ts.
- “Across the Universe,” hosted by Glenn Calderone from 8-10 p.m. EST Tuesdays on Inravio.com. http://www.inravio.com/batu.html
- “Beatles and Beyond”: Hosted by Pete Dicks. Available at http://beatlesandbeyond.homestead.com/contact.html and www.rokradio.com.
Beatles radio stations:
- Fab4Radio.com: http://fab4radio.com
- Beatles-a-Rama: http://www.beatlesarama.com
- Beatles Radio.com: http://www.beatlesradio.com
- MaccaRadio: http://www.maccaradio.com
Have a Beatles event you’d like added here? Send it to email@example.com with The Week Ahead in the subject.
Subscribe to us free (see button at top) for your daily Beatles news buzz. And you won’t want to miss any of our complete and in-depth coverage of the Beatles, both group and solo, and our exclusive stories and interviews on all our Beatles column pages at Beatles Examiner, Paul McCartney Examiner,George Harrison Examiner and Ringo Starr Examiner. Also, check out our new Monkees Examineror our Vintage Rock n’ Roll Examiner or TV on DVD Examiner columns for all our other newscoverage.
Copyright Stan. Please do not reprint in full on other sites without permission. Headlines with links, though, are fine and posting our links to Twitter and Facebook is much appreciated. Please hit the “like” button on Facebook if you like our work.
We’re also Stan on Facebook and Pinterest. And don’t miss our weeklyBeatles news podcast “Things We Said Today” available on iTunes, Podbean.com and Fab4Radio.com on the weekends.